Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nawid posted:

The owner of the Rams has that chunk of land in downtown LA. I think the Rams and Raiders both move there within the decade.

Oakland took ten years to decide on a dog park (they finally said no recently). No loving way anything gets done there.

It's a race to Los Angeles from the north and the south.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LA is really far from Oakland

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Going to Qualcomm is a pain in the rear end and I live a mile away from it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

HappyHelmet posted:

Deserving is too much, but it's the 2nd largest media market in the USA. It's pretty weird that they don't have a team.

They had three and couldn't keep any of them

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

USC rules, go Trojans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Frackie Robinson posted:

Why doesn't anyone want the Oakland teams to stay in Oakland? I've never seen so many goons advocate taking something from impoverished minorities and giving it to rich white people.

If there's one thing LA doesn't have, it's impoverished minorities

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

only temporary posted:

Can't the Rams and Raiders just share a stadium in LA? I just want out of St. Louis.

Where the hell are we supposed to go

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

30 minute loop of Keenan Allen hurdling a Bronco for a touchdown.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Hey look, the rare LA Chargers fan in his natural habitat.

There are no Chargers fans in LA. There are barely any in San Diego.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A statue of Al Davis in front of a stadium in loving Texas.

That would be the most hilariously awkward thing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ribsauce posted:

I thought you had to be a big city to have an NFL team.

Green Bay Wisconsin

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Phoenix is a huge sprawling metro area with no nearby NFL franchise as well, and presumably could attract people from all over New Mexico and beyond in terms of fandom.

I know the Cardinals are a few years removed from the playoffs, but drat

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Chicago has the population, but they really, really like the one they already have

They really really really like the Cubs but the Whitesox do fine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rabid Snake posted:

Oakland Coliseum's homefield advantage includes the rally possum.

What a dumb rip-off of the Rally Monkey

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tricky Ed posted:

Really really late for this, but I believe that overwhelming evidence suggests that Birmingham is a poor choice for pro teams. Sure, the actual NFL would have more sway, but Sunday is for going to church and talking about how your team did the day before, not pro football.

As for non-expansion team news, the proposed laws to fund an expansion of San Diego's convention center have stalled in court (apparently a new tax still has to follow laws for votes even if it only taxes visitors!) which opens the door a crack for the convention center expansions to be tied to a new football stadium downtown.

This is a very small crack, as a new stadium would cost about a billion additional dollars and the team and league have nobly pledged to contribute less than half of that. This is a mere 15 years after the Padres' former ownership group got the city to build a stadium, made about $700 million from developments surrounding it, and then sold the team, never using any of that revenue to increase payroll significantly.

There is either going to be a new stadium in San Diego or approval for a stadium by 2016, or the Chargers are gone.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Those are expensive loving crab cakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shrimpy posted:

San Antonio has really bad food.

Gonna do that Four Horseman Challenge