Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
A's to North Jersey would be amazing. They left Philly so long ago there isn't really resentment left from it, I would love to take them on as a second team if they were that close and I bet others would too. Having fans from Philly, all around Jersey, and New York would be huge.

e: Is our dream plan going to run into the same territory problem?

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

LA Times had an article this weekend where they said the NFL is considering building a stadium in LA themselves.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-qa-farmer-20140720-story.html

That's a really interesting concept. It would be complex as hell to make some sort of revenue sharing from the stadium so potential owners don't feel like they would be second rate owners compared to teams with their own buildings but it would solve a lot of the problems with getting one or two teams going. And I've always found the idea that the owners don't want to be back in LA to be a ridiculous conspiracy theory. There will always be somewhere for owners to threaten to move to, not being in LA is costing them an absolutely insane amount of potential profit. The reasons teams have failed before are known, and they would not exist with a quality new venue and strong ownership in place.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I've always felt like they deserved a team since they, ya know, just went ahead and built the stadium anyway.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Any team in Europe is going to be screwed travelling back and forth all the time, and no one is going to want to sign with them, so it's really a pipe dream that will never happen. And if it did, it would take massive subsidies and still be a disaster.

Look, I'm fine with the multiple concussions and traumatic brain injury, but hell if I'm going to sleep on an airplane 8 nights a year!

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Bring back the Steagles. 4 home games at the Linc, 4 at Heinz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Raiders hate cosplay.

• Locked thread