Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

FuzzySkinner posted:

Moving the Jaguars to San Antonio seems like it would be a better move. Wouldn't even have to shift divisions honestly.

I think the Alamodome is a cool venue, though I could be quite wrong on that.

Why would the Jaguars move? They have a better attendance rate at their games than at least 1/3 of the league (and the best of the 3 in Florida), werent blacked out at all last year, and just invested in some huuuuuuuuuuuuuge new screens and other improvements at the stadium in Jacksonville :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Elephanthead posted:

The NFL should just do a 6 team expansion. Can't have enough bad teams. Expand the playoffs, and add Saturday games after NCAA gets over.

LA, London, San Antonio, plus whatever other cities can pony up some cash. Sell them all for 1 billion bucks each.

The league is too balanced right now to add anything but 8 teams. There are two conferences each with 16 teams that are divided into 4 divisions with 4 teams each. If they want to maintain that fantastic balance and exceptional (in my opinion) scheduling streamlining they have to add 8 teams and to add 2 more divisions to each conference, then add 1 game to the schedule to account for that. However, adding 8 teams would arguably dilute both the coaching and player talent pretty badly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

OK then: Hawaii, London, San Antonio, Oakland/St. Louis (Raiders/Rams go back to LA in trade), Oklahoma City, Germany, Toronto, Salt Lake City.

Hah. I bet you can do it in the states without needing to go to London. Options, based on where teams currently are, would be
San Antonio
Oklahoma City
LA (x2?)
Vegas
Salt Lake City
Richmond
Raleigh
Hawaii
Portland (Oregon)
Birmingham
Little Rock
El Paso

ppppbbbbttttt probably a couple others? Half of those I listed are probably poo poo for one reason or another, though.

Yeeesh 40 teams just sounds wrong.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Leperflesh posted:

Raleigh is also more affluent, and I think that's a big factor. Football tickets are expensive. I don't think Charleston or Mobile have any remote shot given their populations and the populations of their nearby cities, but Raleigh/Durham seems like more of a potential market.

Raleigh also has Fayetteville and Greensboro about (or a little more than) an hour away and Wilmington two hours away.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chichevache posted:

California drivers always come to a stop for a mild curve on the highway.

This doesnt only happen in California. NC drivers are Real Bad (I wont say The Worst because I dont want to start a "my state's drivers are the worst" chat).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CannonFodder posted:

As a truck driver who has been all over the country, the answer is All Of Them. They Are All The Worst™.

Well that is depressing (that they are all The Worst) because it means there is no escape :ohdear:

• Locked thread