Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Viva Los Angeles

On a side note, gently caress gently caress gently caress the A's owner. I don't give one single poo poo about baseball, and that dude is getting all up in my football teams business. I expect us to be playing at the Golden Bears stadium, or renting from the 49ers after next year, but hopefully they just roll to LA instead of staying at one of those locations for years while they keep playing bullshit Oakland games.

Also, here's the proposal for what Mark Davis is pushing for. Coliseum City, which would host the Raiders, A's, and GS Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zypher posted:

As far as I know, Farmer's Field is dead in the water.

It's not dead until October. The stadium will cost 1.3-1.7 billionish, and Farmers deal will cover $700 million with 1 team, and 1 billion if two move in. The city council is moving on like it's not going to happen because there hasn't been any progress in negotiations with NFL teams, but they're prepared to stop on a dime if that changes. Davis needs to jump on that poo poo. You're not gonna get a sweeter deal than that. The design group will probably change if it goes through, but Farmers is still all in.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Evidently the city council voted to change a bunch of things in the deal that extended the A's lease at the coliseum 10 years, and the A's are pissed about it. Don't know the implications yet because I don't speak legalese.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

Driving really far to support a team kinda sucks. You can't tailgate or anything and its hard to rationalize driving home drunk for four hours.

You don't have to drive home drunk, you just have to make it to the gas station on the corner to sleep it off. :cmon:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

This is a pretty good way to get a DUI.

I live like 15 minutes from the stadium. :shrug: I've got the luxury of buses and taxis.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
we're going home

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Schwack posted:

http://www.nfltoportland.com/home.html

A thing that will never, ever happen but is fun to think about!

lmao The Tualatin Raiders. That has no ring to it at all.

When the NFL expands to Europe, they'll move to Italy and be the Tuscan Raiders.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

swickles posted:

Normally I would disagree, but how can you root against a team that leaves Kiffin at the airport after firing him in the middle of the night?

What? gently caress yes, I just became a college football fan. Hook em Trojans.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Where the hell are we supposed to go

Qualcomm ain't that bad. You can hold out for another 20 years or so.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It should be a 30 minute loop of pryor90yardrun.gif

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sash! posted:

A boon to the community because it wanted a hockey arena, which is enough of a justification in my book. Its the city version of buying a ridiculously huge TV you don't really need.

Yeah, but who wants to live in a house with a lovely TV?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

As some one who just moved to Texas

PLEASE GOD

Man, you just love it in the poo poo states, huh. I doubt it'll happen, but it wouldn't fit, IMO. San Antonio Raiders. Ick. At least we have some Al history in LA. Might as well rebrand them if you're moving to Texas, and gently caress that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Hopefully onto Denver in ~3 years :toot:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bort Bortles posted:

The league is too balanced right now to add anything but 8 teams. There are two conferences each with 16 teams that are divided into 4 divisions with 4 teams each. If they want to maintain that fantastic balance and exceptional (in my opinion) scheduling streamlining they have to add 8 teams and to add 2 more divisions to each conference, then add 1 game to the schedule to account for that. However, adding 8 teams would arguably dilute both the coaching and player talent pretty badly.

However, it would add 56 extra draft picks for the NFL to milk the poo poo out of.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Any team in Europe is going to be screwed travelling back and forth all the time, and no one is going to want to sign with them, so it's really a pipe dream that will never happen. And if it did, it would take massive subsidies and still be a disaster.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

That's why you make an entire new division in Europe.

Still 5 games a year where they travel farther than any team in the NFL would ever have to just to get to the east coast. Then they'd have to fly back. The Raiders trip to London nearly has them traveling more miles than the Steelers will all season, and that's just one game. There's only one team in the NFL that is traveling more than 30k miles next year. A European based team would be pushing 50k just off their 5 non-divisional away games whenever they were matched against the AFC or NFC West, and that's assuming their divisional opponents were in Europe. If they just expanded to include a London team, it would be closer to 80k. Well over double the 2nd most traveling team. You could have them fly to the US and play 8 straight games, and then fly back to London to play their last 8 games, but that isn't gonna matter when the playoffs roll around. Imagine them playing in an AFC where they beat the Chargers who had homefield advantage, then have homefield advantage against Pittsburgh who beat Baltimore the week before. 24 hours spent on a plane the last two weeks to 8.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Frackie Robinson posted:

Install relegation, problem solved :getin:

I've always wanted this. Take the top 8 BCS teams at the end of the season, and throw them in the NFL in the place of every team who finished last in their division. Then let Oregon try their poo poo against the Steelers and let the Browns play tune up games against Bumfuck U to try and stay undefeated. Same draft and NCAA rules apply, naturally.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

HappyHelmet posted:

The college teams would just get destroyed. No matter how much schadenfreude you might have towards one college team or another it would be completely uninteresting to watch as all the college teams lose 50+ - 3 every game.

It would easily crack 100+. Every game would be Georgia Tech vs Cumberland and it would own.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Canadian teams are really mismanaged right now but they have no problem regarding free agents. Even with American players.

This. Vancouver won our stupid division like 800 times in a row and were always in contention for the cup.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You really can't compare Watt to anyone but Watt.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Chicago has the population, but they really, really like the one they already have

They could easily support the Packers as well, but they obviously aren't going anywhere.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

japtor posted:

Hell I'll be satisfied as long as they just remain in CA. The question is what cites would sound good/funny for the name, such as "Weed Raiders" :420:

The real question is when are the denver nuggets going to change their logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Awww man. They almost sent him to a hotel with a comic-con convention. Opportunity for an amazing photo gone forever.

• Locked thread