Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Watt is basically the first coming of Clowney to the Houston residents.

More like the second coming of Reggie White. It seems unfair to compare a (on track to be) future Hall of Famer to a rookie who hasn't played a down yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chokes McGee posted:

The Las Vegas Raiders. :getin:

Having the Raiders that far away from any body of water feels wrong, like having the Lakers in LA.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

Las Vegas is right next to a large body of water.

But you're right, it should be the LA Raiders and the Las Vegas Lakers.

Huh, well what do you know. I guess I should have said they need to be near the ocean.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

KettleWL posted:

By MSA it's 22nd, and while it's only a few hundred thousand smaller than those cities you named, it's got an even smaller margin between it and Cincinnati, Cleveland, and KC, as well as Orlando, SA, Portland, and Sacramento. Really once you get past Seattle (#15) they're all within a few hundred thousand of each other, and mostly in the 2.x mil range.

And most importantly the Steelers are doing well financially and the fans support them. So it really doesn't matter how the city itself does as long as the NFL keeps cranking out cash from there.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

For real, having lived in both cities I have never seen a panhandler in Pittsburgh but have seen a ton in DC.

Your homeless probably all die in the Winter.

Edit

Vvvv
Bushman owned. :sigh:

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 7, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

Sacramento Raiders would actually make a lot of sense. Oakland fans can still get to games (it'll suck but it's straight up I-80), there's a big untapped market there, Sacramento has lots of room so I bet there's someplace you could plonk down a stadium, and it'd be thematically appropriate that our state's capital wears a pirate brand.

e. for example looking at google maps, there's lots of unused open flat space next to Raley Field, which is on the river, right next to freeways, etc.

That would own but the traffic would be terrible. I always took 680 from San Jose to Sac and there are long stretches of winding two lane highway that would probably become a parking lot. The twists and turns of the highway are pretty gentle, but for some reason California drivers always come to a stop for a mild curve on the highway.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

680 doesn't go to sacramento, it goes through concord and up to I-80. People in Oakland would just take I-80. The 680 corridor between Concord and I-80 is two lanes, as you said, so it's horrible for carrying a lot of traffic, which would make it harder for me personally to go up there.

poo poo, you're right. I moved away over a year ago and I'm already forgetting how to travel there.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GrumpyDoctor posted:

One of the two functional stretches of Amtrak in the country runs from San Jose to Sacramento, for what it's worth.

I've ridden that stretch a bunch, it is awesome. The drinks are cheap as hell so you could even pregame on the ride over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Rabid Snake posted:

Oakland Coliseum's homefield advantage includes the rally possum.

Oakland Coliseum has a real problem with vermin.

They've also get a lot of animals showing up on the field too. :v:

• Locked thread