Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FizFashizzle posted:

Driving really far to support a team kinda sucks. You can't tailgate or anything and its hard to rationalize driving home drunk for four hours.

This is partially why I wasn't into sports much as a kid. I lived in Idaho so the nearest team was either the Seahawks, the Raiders/49ers, or the Broncos, and none of them were within about 12 hours driving distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I'm going to be living in SA and then Portland for the foreseeable future so I hope this is true and then it goes badly enough that they take a hail mary and move to Portland. :getin:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Volkerball posted:

Any team in Europe is going to be screwed travelling back and forth all the time, and no one is going to want to sign with them, so it's really a pipe dream that will never happen. And if it did, it would take massive subsidies and still be a disaster.

That's why you make an entire new division in Europe.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Leperflesh posted:

People watch and care about college ball because they have no pro team nearby. There, I said it. :colbert:

The only places I can think of with heavy college team participation but no pro team are like Alabama/Mississippi and like Oklahoma/Kansas (though the latter has the Chiefs I guess). Everywhere else either has a team, or doesn't really like football.

(There's also like Oregon but their and Oregon State's success have been a very very recent phenomenon)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chilichimp posted:

Do either of them have a pro sports team of any of the big 4? NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL? I don't think they do.

There's some stuff in Tennessee but that's about it.

Louisiana also but everything there is in New Orleans.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ostentatious posted:

Raiders should build a stadium that floats on the water and can travel around the bay

Fans would board the stadium on old fashioned wooden bridges

And then in the off season they can blockade Seattle until they get their booty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
A&M just spent $450 million on renovating their stadium. I haven't been yet but hopefully they at least got rid of the piss troughs.

• Locked thread