Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Obviously the solution is to move them to London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

swickles posted:

Too bad they didn't have tarp technology back then.

Those tarps have saved many a poor Jags Fan's afternoon, let me tell you. Now we have pool and cabana technology. The eyes of the sporting world fall on our tiki bars.

Secretly, we always had a pool in Everbank, but that was just when the tarps filled up with rainwater.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Elephanthead posted:

Doesn't the LA metroplex have over 20 million people? Also you could put 4 teams in London and they can be their own division if population is what you care about.

Ooh, have two in London, one in Paris, and one in the great football loving nation of Spain.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Blitz7x posted:

mhmm yes *blows bubbles out pipe*

This is the worst slashfic I ever read

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
This Coliseum City thing is reminding me of a similar project that Charles Wang, the former owner of the Islanders, wanted to do to Nassau Coliseum.

A bit of backstory. Nassau Coliseum is the second oldest and second smallest NHL venue in existence. It's a rotting concrete lump in the middle of a massive parking lot on some of the most desirable land on the planet. It's in between two well rated colleges (Hofstra and Nassau Community), and down the road from huge Eisenhower Park. Average home prices LITERALLY ACROSS THE STREET is in the 200k's. Mostly small single family homes on 1/8 acre lots.

The Lighthouse Project would have taken the rotting corpse of the Coliseum and turned it into a

quote:

... plan originally included a renovation of the Coliseum, a 60-story tower designed to look like a lighthouse, housing, athletic facilities, a new minor league baseball stadium, restaurants, and a new hotel, at a projected overall cost of approximately $200 million.

After the project's completion, 19,000 new permanent jobs were expected to be created.

It looked fantastic. I was so pumped for it. Because I grew up on Long Island, and unless something drastic happened, I would have to move to somewhere far cheaper. 19 thousand jobs? Holy poo poo. If this project happened, if I could get in on that, I COULD STAY ON LONG ISLAND. And so could the Islanders, because holy poo poo, they were eager to get out of there. I could continue living in a place I really enjoyed, where I grew up, where all my friends lived, and support a team I liked.

Nope! It was shut down faster then a nuclear waste dump. I was forced to move to Jacksonville and become a Jaguars fan. The Islanders are moving to Brooklyn. The Republicans and developers get their giant parking lot to turn into townhomes.

gently caress you Kate Murray die and burn in hockey hell AAGGHHHH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lighthouse_Project

So, good luck with Coliseum City. Hope you don't have Republicans.

\/\/\/ 3.4bn. I think the 200m was going to be exclusively for just the ice hockey rink bit. \/\/\/

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 4, 2014

• Locked thread