Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MourningView posted:

The Rose Bowl is awesome, dumbass. :mad:

The Coliseum could get bulldozed tomorrow though.

This, this, this, this.

Every little kid in the midwest dreams of playing there on January 1st.

I like The Coliseum as a College Football venue though. Should be USC Football and that's it.

So pretty much build LA a new pro football stadium, but leave the two current ones for College Football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

soggybagel posted:

And I realize everyone wants to host a loving super bowl but who cares if its fair or not. Just rotate the super bowl between a few cities like Los angeles, new orleans, and miami. Everyone is happy.

I still think it's intriguing when a city like Indianapolis makes a run at hosting and then ends up doing a fantastic job at it.

I think that those cities should be in the majority of cities hosting super bowls, but if you can put on a good super bowl and not suck at it? Then yes, you should be able to make a run at hosting it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Moving the Jaguars to San Antonio seems like it would be a better move. Wouldn't even have to shift divisions honestly.

I think the Alamodome is a cool venue, though I could be quite wrong on that.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

Why would the Jaguars move? They have a better attendance rate at their games than at least 1/3 of the league (and the best of the 3 in Florida), werent blacked out at all last year, and just invested in some huuuuuuuuuuuuuge new screens and other improvements at the stadium in Jacksonville :confused:

Don't know.

There really is no teams you could move from a city and the impact wouldn't be "Huge" if you really think about it. Ever since Cleveland, people really don't seem to gently caress around in that regard.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I've always felt like they deserved a team since they, ya know, just went ahead and built the stadium anyway.

Worked out tremendous for Indianapolis.

I think the Saints would have bailed for there in 2005 if Katrina had not hit. Benson sounded like he was close to doing it, but Taglibue realized how loving awful that would have been on the PR front, and well, we still have the New Orleans Saints.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I still have a bizarre fantasy of the CFL being acquired and merged into the NFL. (with the addition of one extra team in the Halifax-area for lulz). 42 teams. Not sure how that would divide up, but I imagine you'd have to do with the AFC and NFC in order to make things equal.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Stickarts posted:

You start putting teams in Toronto and Montreal and Vancouver and the CFL would wither and die. And then I would start my 3 down letter bomb campaign and the streets would run rouge for a single point.

If it were possible, I'd love to see the CFL be absorbed by the NFL just because it would be cool to see that happen.

But at the same time, the Grey Cup is pretty badass.

I think BC, Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec could probably do well fan support wise for the NFL.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Those are expensive loving crab cakes

I was in Maryland the past week.

I love, LOVE crabcakes but was kind of surprised at how expensive they actually were.

This despite the fact that I was pretty much the Crabcake capital of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MrLogan posted:

a) Did you go to a chain place? b) This is a bad season for them as far as harvests.

Naw, tried to hit up the local joints.

That would explain quite a bit though.

• Locked thread