Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
gently caress all y'all. The A's are staying in the bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Enjoy playing in Levi's, where all the colors are red and gold, and there's a gigantic SF logo on the front pavilion (even though it's in Santa Clara). Oh and giant banners of 49ers players everywhere. And a museum of 49ers memorabilia.

But it's totally a bay area sports venue, not a 49ers stadium.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chilichimp posted:

So you're saying the Superbowl issue in the Superdome was normal for the Niners?

Also, I don't believe the Georgia Dome is as old as the last time Leperflesh went to Candlestick, and they're already tearing it down to build a new one.

That's why they played so well after the blackout. It suddenly became a home game for them.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Grittybeard posted:

I guess I was referring specifically to the highlighted part, which is way over the top and probably the writer purposely framing it that way more than anything. Although in the last decade it's hard to see where going to Jerry for advice on anything other than making money is worthwhile.

FWIW, Jed York did the same kind of ring kissing of Jerry when he was trying to get Levi's funded. The old man has a lot of pull.

• Locked thread