Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Volkerball posted:

It's not dead until October. The stadium will cost 1.3-1.7 billionish, and Farmers deal will cover $700 million with 1 team, and 1 billion if two move in. The city council is moving on like it's not going to happen because there hasn't been any progress in negotiations with NFL teams, but they're prepared to stop on a dime if that changes. Davis needs to jump on that poo poo. You're not gonna get a sweeter deal than that. The design group will probably change if it goes through, but Farmers is still all in.

I've heard the problem with Farmer's Field is AEG wants ownership in whatever team would move there. I can see that being a deal breaker for Davis since he wants to keep the team in the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
The Rams had two problems which caused them to leave. The first is that they played in a 100k stadium and the games wouldn't air on TV unless it was sold out. The caused them to move and led to the 2nd being that they moved to Anaheim which is an hour away from LA. I'm not surprised no one attended their games.

The Raiders should move back to LA. I just hope that they somehow get Farmer's Field open and not that terrible stadium idea off the 57/60 interchange.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
LA Times had an article this weekend where they said the NFL is considering building a stadium in LA themselves.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-qa-farmer-20140720-story.html

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I just don't want the Chargers to move to LA and the Raiders are my best bet to keep that dream alive.

• Locked thread