Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Frackie Robinson posted:

Why doesn't anyone want the Oakland teams to stay in Oakland? I've never seen so many goons advocate taking something from impoverished minorities and giving it to rich white people.
I feel bad for Oakland fans, for me it's more a matter of the city (local government) being seemingly dysfunctional about the whole thing. Not to say it's all on them or anything, but it just seems like it's all messed up. This sums up part of the issue:
http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/System-of-overseeing-Coliseum-must-change-5619112.php

quote:

At issue is a system that allows three government bodies to have a say in a lease deal: Oakland's eight-member City Council, the five-person Alameda County Board of Supervisors and the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority board, which is made up of eight city and county leaders.

The Coliseum board was created in the late 1990s to represent the interests of both the city and the county, but all three bodies must approve major deals at the sports complex.

Oakland's City Council, however, requires the city's representatives to check with the council before voting, even though the council will also vote on the deal.
And apparently the city council has been trying to push some other deal? It's all confusing.

MourningView posted:

Sports bars in the greater LA area are like 70% angry people in Charles Woodson jerseys, 15% Rodgers or Favre Packers jerseys, and 15% everything else.
I have a Janikowski jersey :smugdog:

(But I'm in Orange County so that doesn't really count :ssh:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Suspect Bucket posted:

This is the worst slashfic I ever read
It's missing the Buss family as potential investors along with Magic :getin:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

davecrazy posted:

The Raiders belong in LA.
Hell I'll be satisfied as long as they just remain in CA. The question is what cites would sound good/funny for the name, such as "Weed Raiders" :420:

• Locked thread