Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Not sure how I feel about this film.

Early on in the film Amy comments that being "Amazing Amy" means fictional (I mean real fictional Amy not the fictional Amy we get from her voice over flashback bits) Amy is always one step ahead of her (or something along those lines, I can't recall the exact wording) - it was around the time of the marriage proposal scenes. It made my ears perk up because I thought the film was going to turn out to be all based on some kind of crazy viral stunt where Amy fakes her death in order to be one step ahead of the book Amy. That assumption was only strengthened when it turns out the parents were in financial difficulty.

Thus, I wasn't really all that surprised at the reveal that she'd staged it all. Then I was especially disappointed that it turned out to have bugger all to do with it - or at the very least, the link between her psychotic behaviour and how she was brought up wasn't really explored.

I think the film would've been better if we'd had flashbacks from Nick's point of view in the second half which were equally one-sided from his POV but between the two of them we'd have sensed where the truth came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread