Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
And especially if you keep a copy of Tetris DX in it

little thing is a champ, I can stick two AA batteries in there and they'll last for months and won't corrode

my high score is over 500,000 but it's been a while since I've gotten to that ballpark, I'm out of practice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bwatts
May 28, 2013

i have a game boy colour that's got pikachu from pokemon on it.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

That actually is my Gameboy Color setup too, OP. I also have every other GameBoy except the Micro though. Gonna have to get one and a sweet faceplate at some point.

E: Also I no longer have any Play It Loud! Edition GameBoys, that is my secret shame.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

mine is teal but I'm thinking of getting a purple one off ebay. they're kinda expensive if you want one w/o scratches though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

also, this

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I've got an OG Grape one, I always really wanted one of the kiwi ones though. :sigh:

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

E3, 1999

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mine currently has a copy of Croc 2 in it and works fine.

It is transparent purple.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bureaus Watts posted:

i have a game boy colour that's got pikachu from pokemon on it.

same, it also has togepi and jigglypuff on it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It was always my dream to have one OP but alas I didn't have a gameboy until the Advance came out.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

mine has pokemon crystal chillin in it almost all the time but i need new batteries

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I think mine was translucent purple? pretty sure it got thrown out at some point

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

a real trajedy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I have a transparent purple one and a regular purple one. I've got the three Dragon Quest ports for it and the three Zelda games. Also Magi Nation, Metal Gear, and Super Mario.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The regular purple color one my cousin had was the thing that made me realize that purple, and not blue was my actual favorite color.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
bumping for *lovely digitized voice* KIRBY TILT 'N' TUMBLE

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Purple see through GBC here with yellow version in it

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

bumping for *lovely digitized voice* KIRBY TILT 'N' TUMBLE

that game was too hard

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

fronz posted:

that game was too hard

lots of the non-platformer kirby games are really tough. Block Ball, Tilt'n'Tumble, Dream Course, even Mass Attack.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

wish i'd got the dress before they stopped making 'em

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
they should have put the pad + buttons over the boobs.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

they should have put the pad + buttons over the boobs.

:mrgw:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
one of my brothers broke the battery hatch and the carts internal batteries started running out so i didn't keep mine. played the poo poo out of tetris dx, though

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I still got a regular purple one with link's awakening in it, no old batteries though because I take care of my poo poo

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I've still got my lime green GBC and Pokemon Gold. Lost the battery cover years ago, though :(

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

apparently steve wozniak keeps two game boy lights + a link cable and several games in his travel pack

the only real prob w/ the gbc is how dark the screen is

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Silver Alicorn posted:

apparently steve wozniak keeps two game boy lights + a link cable and several games in his travel pack

the only real prob w/ the gbc is how dark the screen is

yeah, I had one of those giant attachments with a light, magnifier, and stereo speakers. Looked like a really lame Transformer, but kicked rear end on road trips.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Frank Horrigan posted:

yeah, I had one of those giant attachments with a light, magnifier, and stereo speakers. Looked like a really lame Transformer, but kicked rear end on road trips.

word

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I had a yellow one and I played a lot of Oracle of Ages/Seasons

my mind was blown when I got a game boy advance and then the secret GBA shop opened up

Silly Voodoo
Mar 31, 2011

There will be no clipping!
I had a regular purple one and my brother had the translucent one

not gonna dig it out though because I don't want to have to play under the lamp just to see what I'm doing. never again

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Frank Horrigan posted:

:hfive: You know where it is at.

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
I had the bitchin clear purple one. sadly it broke like way back when I was in middle school, but that was just a few months before the advance came out so I got to preorder one of those and was the first of my friends to have one. so really things worked out for the best.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I still have a game boy color.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

my purple one is lying around my parent's house still with a copy of Link's Awakening DX in it

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I still have a game boy pocket, color, advance, ds, and 3ds. but i dont know if the first two things have batteries in them anymore, i'd have to buy batteries to play them

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
last i checked the batteries in my gameboy were all corroded and gross

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

if your batteries are corroded that means you're not playing it and well, then you might as well not have it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I just remembered this exists

it's compatible with GBC games, I'm not sure if it's 100% but maybe, and has a backlight

only drawback is it uses a different resolution screen so a small part of the screen is cropped off

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
the gameboy boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
kiwi crew

• Locked thread