Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gotta say, Nine seemed to be a lot more into his role in the warning video this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

Thought it was another solid episode. I didn't really mind the anticlimax of the bomb not going off because I'm still intrigued by whatever their end game is. I like Detective Razor's chubby pal a lot and I hope he doesn't get killed.

It's certainly interesting that our protagonists are apparently setting up their own terror campaign to fail. Explains the deliberately low bodycount, for a start.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Bobduh picked up on an interesting character parallel - remember how they went into detail about how Oedipus had his feet nailed to the ground when he was abandoned as a child? Now look at this shot again.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

That is an interesting parallel. The thing I've mostly been interested throughout these three episodes is what role she's supposed to play. I assume there will be more Oedipus-related discussion in the next few episodes at least, so hopefully that gives us some clues as to her role in coming events.

Well, she already ran away from/was chased out of the house by an abusive parent this episode...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Monathin posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Shibazaki pairs up with Twelve and Nine, but at the same time I think we'll get plenty of episodes where everyone is doing their own thing before we have them team up, if at all. For all the grumbling about lack of causalities, and this episode kind of really helped cement the importance of that to their mission, considering they risked their lives and being spotted in order to make sure that stayed true. I think it's been pretty clever how they've been doing it and showing how Twelve and Nine have been going out of their way to make sure there aren't any causalities. It paints a pretty stark picture compared to Five, who was willing to kill coverage in the area in order to force the bomb to go off and entirely willing to get people to die to flush them out.

It helps that we've got a rough understanding of their plan, now - they were trying to draw the attention of the cops to operations run by the people who ruined their lives until something compromising surfaced. Being disruptive and annoying was important to that, but killing people could well have been counter-productive (in that it would have focused the police's attention more on them and less on their targets). Plus, y'know, the whole 'mass murder is bad and wrong' thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I like how this episode addressed how Five is so much less natural and more 'anime' a character than the rest of the cast. The Athena Project was designed to dehumanise its subjects, turning them into tools for the government (the names are a bit of a clue), and whilst Nine and Twelve managed to retain some of their humanity by escaping, Five ended up as the sole completed model. I wouldn't be surprised if that weird pseudo-schoolgirl outfit was designed by a corporation to make her more marketable or something.

• Locked thread