Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

digits posts up while everyone else takes positions and tosses a frag grenade at the redshirt, pinning him down

no no no no

i forgot who died here, it all happened so fast but it was one of the rifle duders also kif is scared, this is worse than loving mosquitos in papua new guinea

seshosho returns fire and hits the guy outfront of the ufo and then gets brained by the redshirt, who was suppressed and had a pistol. take a moment to think on that

kif though suppressed manages to blast that fucker by the ufo, somehow i didn't cap this but digits blew up the redshirt the turn before then moved in on the blue shirt who retreated around the corner and hosed his poo poo up

we won

but twas it worth it though

its gonna be a depressing flight home

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

guys who died make up new names and i'll let you reincarnate also if you want me to name planes after you say so

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 12, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress yeah. Kiffy 'Kip" Sizzlechest makes it to another mission!

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Mark Brouhard posted:

guys who died make up new names and i'll let you reincarnate also if you want me to name planes after you say so
Smokey the Bear, a gay who likes to pop smoke every day.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

Gimme a target and I'll do my best to die from it.

StashAugustine posted:

i long for death put me in

hey have some screenshots, background info stuff

Silver Alicorn posted:

put me in or dont idk

You are Pvt Silver Alicorn, a Spetsnaz operative whose been issued a riot shield, a pistol, and some grenades. Apparently these things aren't laser proof but laser resistant so you should be able to take a shot. Anime gently caress Pillow couldn't.

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Smokey the Bear, a gay who likes to pop smoke every day.

You are Pvt Smokey The Gay Bear, seemingly Bobby The Rookie's long lost cousin if Bobby did a tour in the New Zealand Rangers. You have tons of grenades, C4, and a shotgun.

Rannos22 posted:

Finally I can fulfill my dream to bleed out, alone and unloved, in some godforsaken shithole without having to lose my luxurious curves.

You are Rannos the 22nd, you are the squad rocket guy. Please don't blow us all up.

Contra Calculus posted:

I don't have high hopes for me, but I'll try anyway.

You are Pvt Contra Calculus, an Italian sniper from some regiment I can't pronounce nor ever heard of. Snipers seem to have a good survival rate as do assaults judging by digits last performance so you should be good.

And its about time cause we got another UFO.

we shoot this nerd down easily via auto resolve and head on back home to rearm/refuel but the UFO keeps landing (which means we can't bomb him) and it flies off before the charlie can get there. Which if you aren't careful will shoot down your helicopter and you'll lose a bunch of soldiers.

gently caress this guy for real

our interceptors have been renamed after some of our fallen to remember their sacrifices

the current setup for the next drop

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hey I just realized I went a couple of days without researching poo poo so I reloaded. It means the soldiers I previously named won't be arriving by the time we hit the next UFO (got a second chance and splashed it). So forgive me for that, I'll rename your dudes and get them back in when I can.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The line up

The flyover

The drop

hope this doesn't turn into some blair witch project poo poo or something

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 12, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hog butchers goes to scout poo poo out sup mujahadeen buddy

Contra goes out and throws a flare and oh poo poo a red shirt.

gently caress you

Contra highfives kif and then goes off to the woods and throws some flares

flares everywhere

civvie gets the gently caress out of the way while his buddy with the AK moves forward into the darkness

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

please put me in as Gareth "Gazza" Jones

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i want this game but i am poor

i really like how civilians try to help out

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm gonna start over cause some weird poo poo happened when a guy upstairs who shouldn't have been able to shoot THROUGH the bottom of the floor or something killed 2 more soldiers. That and I need to play more carefully. So STARTING OVER AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED. From the top.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
If you put me in can I go by Plastron? Much faster to type than Action Tortoise.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
put me in coach. go hogwild with the name, i trust you're more creative than i am

Dec 26, 2012

looks like everything's coming up digits

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

If you put me in can I go by Plastron? Much faster to type than Action Tortoise.

sure, also I'll put the rest of you in as soon as the rookies arrive. The selection at the beginning of the game is variable. Everyone is a corporal but some are slow as gently caress time unit wise or have some other defect. They are technically better than rookies but whatever. Anyway have some screenshots, we're about to do a ufo.

welcome to imp zone

The lineup

Somethings missing though, it just ain't right.

There we go. Time to roll out.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Mark Brouhard posted:

the current setup for the next drop

gently caress yeah, I'm hot. Also snipers own so I'm happy.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
reporting. preferrably a medic of some sort

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Imp zone first mission ended pretty well!

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

big duck equals goose posted:

good job team

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I hope you put some bubblegum on my rocketpack or my rocketeer is doomed.

Dec 26, 2012

big duck equals goose posted:

everyone but me and one other guy died so im gonna declare that a unilateral success

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

01011001 posted:

everyone but me and one other guy died so im gonna declare that a unilateral success

We DA best mang we deed it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
make me a guy with a shotgun

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
give 'em the goose

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

troops fan out in search of dudes

found one

anime gently caress pillow dies again in videogames, big duck equals goose kills the alien who shot him

please dont kill one of my guys

rip

we won

gimme the loot

Here's how our base is looking. in 4 days we'll have more living space for soldiers/support staff, room for 2 more jets, and in 10 days we'll have missile defense batteries online, an additional workshop, more radar coverage, and a medical center to get our wounded back out faster. Since our guys are literally wearing coveralls that offer absolutely no protection a shot will likely kill you outright. Only the shield guys are protected and then only for a shot or two tops.

Also in 9 days we'll have a base in panama to lock down the americas.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AHungryRobot posted:

put me in coach. go hogwild with the name, i trust you're more creative than i am

The reserves (starting with you)

So we bagged us a scout ship.

Anime Cum Pillow, no relation to Anime gently caress Pillow, received moderate damage during this engagement. The Taint Reaper is being dispatched to the crash site immediately to secure it.

The Lineup

I'm going to lay down for a bit before I actually do this mission. later.

edit: while you guys were flying in this popped up, im gonna research alien plasma pistols now so we get some actual body armor and then laser weapons.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 12, 2014

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
nice thread

if you need more names, you can use mine (if character limit doesn't allow it, go with LSD or just Love)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Love live Kiffy 'Kip' Sizzlechest

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Am i rolling with 2 shotguns?!

Aw yeah, let's go you grey bastards. :clint:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I want to be at least partially responsible for the deaths of my fellow posters at the hands of aliens

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
corporal nigga bowswer huh? i like it. rolls off the tongue.

Dec 26, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

Am i rolling with 2 shotguns?!

Aw yeah, let's go you grey bastards. :clint:

i think that just means its two-handed

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

01011001 posted:

i think that just means its two-handed

Don't take this from me.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

BoredDG posted:

I have played Space Invaders, thus I am qualified to be murdered by aliens in a video game.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Put me in game. Also how similar is this to old x-com? Do you get killed stepping off the skyranger?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Put me in game. Also how similar is this to old x-com? Do you get killed stepping off the skyranger?

Yes. Unless you are blessed by the Archangel Sizzlechest.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Great. New x-com didn't have that tension from assholes shooting at you from hidden locations. It's all fair and poo poo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Great. New x-com didn't have that tension from assholes shooting at you from hidden locations. It's all fair and poo poo

I loving hate the pack system.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Pretty similar but its improved the formula in some ways. Also not often but quite a few times there will be someone in view of the ramp. I have 2 snipers and a machinegunner at the edge for this reason and its usually a free kill. Terror Missions are rough poo poo though, in that case you can get killed going off the ramp. Thankfully thats what the tank is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

yeha in old xcom if you popped smoke and sent the tank in first that helped a bunch

• Locked thread