Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

rip action tortoise and stash augustine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please enlist PFC Scalded Schlong, OP

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sup, highlights from the missions up to now on this latest restart.

Bureau Watts dies again in video games take 3.

Shosho whatever the gently caress your name is gets suppressed by a cop firing over his head. He says he was just trying to help though, hope you forgive him!

anime gently caress pillow spitting that hot fire at lizardpeople

anime gently caress pillow interrupted while stroking off his machine gun, causing him to get quite irate also your dudes picture is goofy looking as all gently caress.

The fall (but not death) of anime gently caress pillow also notice seshoho cian laying up by the concrete barricade up there dead as gently caress

digits dies for the first time ever

I think there is a correlation between poo poo usernames and dying alot in xenonauts cause this is the third time zoq fot pik had a character named after him die hilariously. With the exception of anime gently caress pillow who got unlucky and also lived this time, bureau watts/seshosho cian/zoq fot pik always loving die to some bullshit. I can pop 100 smoke grenades and put you behind cover but you still eat poo poo.

hog butcher gets butchered, look on the brightside though you got to stand up till the start of the turn before bleedout kicked in i was hoping you'd make it

beating motherfuckers down like we the NYPD also took this guy alive for interrogation

Ok those are the highlights from the last few missions, here's the mission we just did.

Looks like we dropped in at some oil pipeline outpost or some poo poo. Squad gets spread out and gets to looking.

OH poo poo THEY SHOOTING US MAN THEY SHOOTING US! - random white people

Stash Augustine flashbangs a lizard dude so he won't come aroud the corner and shoot the poo poo out of us. these guys are notorious for blitzing on you and blasting your poo poo. its cause they have a permanent case of myopia apparently but that doesn't seem to stop them from killing random dudes behind cover all the way down the street. gently caress these guys for real

DJ Borneo spots two aliens and a pinned down soldier

got em

We couldn't save the soldier though, it took a turn to get contra moved up to Kip's position and to get DJ Borneo around the building to seal the deal.

Stash draws reaction fire so DJ Borneo can move up and put this guy to sleep, forever.

DJ Borneo and Contra take him out. The rest of the squad doubles back to move on the UFO.

I wonder if lizard people had to hop turnstiles to get on the subway when they were broke back in the day.

dont gently caress this up please tia ok cool we avoided another xenonaut blowing himself up with explosives

#rekt

Stash is hit and goes down. Kip and Action Tortoise both bag them one a piece.

fuckfuckfuck

LSTD and Gazza flick the switch onto burst and blast the gently caress out of those aliens. That was for Action Tortoise ya bitch! No one gives a gently caress about Stash, everyone expects the shield bitch to die at some point. Thats why he has the shield.

CONTRA!

Rannos the 22nd gets revenge for her squaddies and poo poo.

Victory

what in the galactic gently caress is alenium

In 5 days, we'll have enough body armor to outfit the entire squad. The poo poo is pricy and we need to save up to be able to produce foxtrots for the panama base and the laser weapons we're trying to get researched. Speaking of which.

Hopefully this smarmy gently caress doesn't take too long. We got men dying out there! And occasionally some women too. I dunno they all look blue to me from up in HQ so v0v.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

scalded schlong posted:

please enlist PFC Scalded Schlong, OP

I gotcha.

Ok after those couple of missions the squad lineup is looking kinda sparse, time to bring in a new crew.

Radar coverage at the Panama base should be operational within the week.

this is a thing about ufos

reinforcements have arrived

also I have 2 snipers in reserves who need names so feel free to post some up!

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 13, 2014

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
well I'm out for the month but at least I lasted longer than I thought I would

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Contra Calculus posted:

well I'm out for the month but at least I lasted longer than I thought I would

I was sad when I thought your guy bought it. Also the medical center is built so that means you'll be back in 12 days.
anime gently caress pillow will be back in rotation in 4, in time to get issued new body armor so he hopefully won't loving die hilariously.
And DJ Borneo will be getting out of medical around the same time your dude is so yeah thats that.

Oh yeah we got another ufo. Have some screenshots.

A few more soldiers arrive to round out the strike teams. We're now full up at Cyprus with engineers/scientists and soldiers.

UFO detected, we scramble a pair of foxtrots to kill it since they are the fastest planes we have available.

got em

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 13, 2014

Dec 26, 2012

rip, me

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mark Brouhard posted:

also I have 2 snipers in reserves who need names so feel free to post some up!

name one of the snipers Franky "Phobos" Baroque.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Nice I actually pulled some weight.

Can I rejoin the fold as Bruce Whine?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

Nice I actually pulled some weight.

Can I rejoin the fold as Bruce Whine?

c

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Kiffy "Kip" Sizzlechest finds alien technology that let's people change sexes. He, of course, takes the opportunity. Kippy "Kif" Sizzlechest emerges from the sex change capsule, ready to seduce some alien rear end, for science.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i feel slightly nervous being on the same squad as dongslayer

sounds like friendly fire waiting to happen

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

scalded schlong posted:

You're both on garrison duty lol.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

put me in coach

Dec 26, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

lol

the nickname naming scheme is rad, pls throw me in as something similar, tia

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anime gently caress Pillow 2: Now with more survivability!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Yo I'm just gonna stream it and then after I'm done playing I'll do the recaps with the odd post ITT to let you know if anyone died or did cool poo poo. Speaking of which here you go.

http://www.twitch.tv/mandozerthegreat

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Rannos and Gareth are dead rip.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Everyone is dead except kip and silver alacorn, silver alacorn berserked and shot at kip 3 times and missed. Kip got shot and lived which is more than I can say the same for most of the team. Also I had silver alacorn shoot nigga bowser cause nigga bowser was being a bitch nigga. :toot:

edit: silver alacorn failed to burst down a purpleshirt and got killed even though the guy was suppresed. Mainly cause they were both within 2 tiles of eachother so missing was kinda impossible.

double edit: we won, kip was the sole survivor, miss unique managed to be saved from death gg

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 17, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Despite being newly equipped with jackal body armor, kip took a shot and went down i hope kip survives this one!

edit: arkvellian and dongslayer are down

MVP was I poo poo WHEN I CUM btw this mision

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 17, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Only survivor to possibly dead. Will my luck hold? Find out on next weeks exciting episode of Xenonauts!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Only survivor to possibly dead. Will my luck hold? Find out on next weeks exciting episode of Xenonauts!

u dead

oh yeah just unlocked laser weapons. gonna push those out asap.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 17, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

we fought robot people and took them down with m16s and shotguns. Oh yeah the scout car made its debut, newly renamed sizzlechest after one LT KIP SIZZLECHEST. It blew up tons of bitches. Miss Cumroy died when a robot person ate her entire shotgun blast without being damaged at all and then shot her dead. rip

New research options, this'll lead to a new dropship for us. We also have 4 laser rifles and 2 laser carbines (shotgun equivalents) in stock here at cyprus. This should help us deal more easily with guys like this.

These drones don't really damage you too heavily but they suppress the gently caress out of you and hide. By themselves, you can deal but when under attack by say robot people and poo poo, it can cause a disaster.

A new UFO, this ones a medium class. We'll be seeing more of these. Alot more.

New squad lineup, note the return of anime gently caress pillow to active duty. We just shot down 2 scout ufos back to back and are gonna raid them both one after the other if things work out. We gotta get our new corporals trained up. We need someone to fill the void Kip left when she died rip again btw. But before I do that, I need to get some food in me and play some planetside or something. Tune in tommorow! Or maybe later tonight to see what happens next on Xenonauts!

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 17, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress

Okay being a vehicle is rad

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Im starting to wonder if there's a limit on good soldiers in the roster. It refreshes the 1st of every month as well as whenever I recruit like 2 or more soldiers. We're down to 40 TU soldiers who aren't good shots but have high reflexes and poo poo so I might have to put them into the fire and hope they level the gently caress out of their TUs in combat. 3 TU a tile, 1 TU to make a 45 degree turn and poo poo, 3 to take a knee and aim better/get harder to hit. TU's are precious. Literally the only reason I didn't abort the previous mission that Kip was alive in was cause you had 70+ TU and great accuracy. I literally just had you pick up a shotgun off a dead guy and blast fools to wrap things up. Your duder moved that fast.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
i'm glad my character died in a completely lackluster and possibly avoidable fashion

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Kazvall posted:

gently caress

Okay being a vehicle is rad

Is it more like a zealot to dragoon transition or a marine to a dreadnought?

Prissy trust fund baby Bruce Whine here, ready to avoid any real work but always up to mug for the camera if we bag and tag any aliens.

Dec 26, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

Is it more like a zealot to dragoon transition or a marine to a dreadnought?

Prissy trust fund baby Bruce Whine here, ready to avoid any real work but always up to mug for the camera if we bag and tag any aliens.

its more tank operator to manning the tank

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
doctor goat, md, reporting for duty

please arm me with nothing but grenades and get a guy with a high throwing stat

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh gently caress, I'm the token black guy.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
look forward to a long military career in blasting xanders

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
I'm perfectly OK with being wounded. It is a fair trade off for that bitchin' mustache.

RIP Lt. Sizzlechest

Myrmomancer fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 17, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

i am glad dongslayer is injured and i might not get shot in the back

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Arkevillain posted:

I'm perfectly OK with being wounded. It is a fair trade off for that bitchin' mustache.

RIP Lt. Sizzlechest

They ripped my brain out and put it in a vehicle. Everything will be okay.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Why do the aliens have non combatants? Are they tourists?

Dec 26, 2012

pretty sure it just labels already-dead corpses as such

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014

Kazvall posted:

They ripped my brain out and put it in a vehicle. Everything will be okay.

First a man, then a woman, now a death buggy.

Truly an inspiration.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Why do the aliens have non combatants? Are they tourists?

pilots and poo poo, anyone else is combat troops, officers or better.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Arkevillain posted:

First a man, then a woman, now a death buggy.

Truly an inspiration.

loving cisaliens will all die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok well I'm bout to do this thing again so lets rock!
http://www.twitch.tv/mandozerthegreat

• Locked thread