Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

bartok posted:

Did you start watching during the Attitude Era? Or were you teenager when you started watching?

I was fairly young when I started to watch which was about several months before Wrestlemania 6 and kayfabe was live and well.

The first time I saw wrestling I would've been about five in roughly 1987. As I said in the other wrestling memories thread, the very first thing my dad said to me was "you know this is fake, right"?

I only really got into it a couple years later in late 1989 though after I went to my first house show. My mistake was taking things too far in the other direction. Since I knew wrestling was fake I had no idea how physically demanding it really was on the wrestlers and didn't think people regularly suffered genuine injuries doing it.

I even thought Brutus Beefcake's parasailing injury was a work at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread