Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I recognized a gimmick repackage. Demolition was my favorite tag team for a while, and then they quietly disappeared. I had seen Repo Man on TV, but he was always doing this whole sneaky laughing thing in-character. Then at a house show I heard him yell "I'm gonna kick yer stinkin' teeth in!" at an opponent, which was a staple of his Smash persona, and I realized it was the same guy. But what's he doing out of his weird bondage gear and face paint? Why is he repossessing cars now? He was just a dude straight out of Thunderdome and now he's got a day job.

Barry Darsow ruined MY IMMERSION. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

mkay0 posted:

god that show ruled so much

It's a... stunt Granny.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

bartok posted:

I wonder how many kids had kayfabe broken for them by going to a Smackdown tapping and seeing a match redone.

I've posted about this before, but back when Raw was taped I went to a taping where they did Adam Bomb vs Kwang THREE TIMES, same exact ending. I don't know why they needed to do the first reshoot (a botch maybe) but the third match was probably because for the entire second match Adam Bomb noticeably had Kwang's mist on his singlet from the first match, and Kwang never actually spit it at him until the end.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Haha, I totally remember the old "ECW is real, everything else is fake" arguments.

• Locked thread