Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
There was a time when kayfabe was the be all to end all in pro wrestling - you didn't break it even if it meant you received delayed treatment after a plane crash. That poo poo was sacrosanct.
But there comes a time when everyone has their first true and official break in the sense of how 'real' it all is.
Mine came through an issue of 'The Wrestler'.
It was a pictorial of the Four Horsemen - Ole, Arn, Tully and Ric - hanging around a pool with a bunch of chicks like the rich SOBs they are. And the following page was a pic of Magnum T.A. lounging on a pool chair with a couple girls at was absolutely beyond obvious the same pool at the same time. I do believe one of the girls was the same as well.

MIND BLOWN.

As is well known now, Ric and Terry and Nikita were best of friends and road buddies, especially when they had their string of title matches all over the eastern seaboard. Then Magnum had his car accident. Which led to the most ridiculously awesome moment I have ever seen in pro graps:

Dusty Rhodes didn't have a partner for this match against the Four Horsemen. So they send in Dillon and Ole because who cares they will beat up Dusty. Then Dusty heads to the ring and OHHHH NOOOOO....

Nikita Koloff was THE top heel in the org outside of the Horsemen at this point. Faces either fought the 4H or they fought the Russians, of which Nikita was their beast. Magnum and Nikita had just had a 'best-of-seven' for the U.S. title. Nikita won...

Yeah everyone thought at first Dusty didn't know Nikita was behind him and it was going to get him mauled and oh no and UYAHAHDHDHHHGhglkwhrglrnenetn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmO-U7atifQ

kayfabe-breaking friendships lead to a stunning cool moment, which is pretty drat cool in my book.

acejackson42 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread