Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Say Nothing posted:

Wonder Woman's Kingdom Come armor.

She looks like a Saint Seiya character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

It's low hanging fruit but Boobilee is all I can think.

Jubblees.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like it.
In my head that's the first, original design of the Beyond suit then in the future something something neurotactical polymers something something nanobots in skin bam, skintight regular Beyond suit.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

There's a youtube commenter who's currently really mad at me because I commented negatively on the "classic" Harley Quinn outfit in the new Batman game, which is a glistening, vacuum-sealed latex version of the outfit.

I can see her belly button through her outfit.

Did they... did they pixelate her boobs and crotch?

I'm genuinely curious: Could you even make a realistic original Harley costume design without it coming out all sexified and pandering?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
His head is shaped like a dick

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Just what exactly is he supposed to be storing in those pouches

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I know it was said the second the first images came out and has been said a billion times again afterwards but I feel I'm justified in adding my voice to this comparison:
Motherfucker looks exactly like Ivan Ooze.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Legit thought Velma was meant to be a small person

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Terrible Horse posted:

I could see it if they play it like Batfleck just utterly loathes Joker. None of this grudging respect, two sides of the same coin stuff, just Batman beating the poo poo out of Leto while telling him his music sucks and he needs to get a job.

I don't think the Batman given to us by BvS would allow for Joker to exist past say, one or two heists.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

But he has already. There's the implication that the Joker's killed a Robin in the past.

Yeah, and again it doesn't make sense that he hasn't bat branded or straight up shot the Joker if that's the case.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Maybe it's a thing where the Joker was the last straw and the first person he ever killed, and no one's putting that genie back in the bottle, so he just keeps on killing and killing.
But I don't think this particular cinematic universe has the nuance to do something like that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Also Joker is alive in Suicide Squad.

Maybe chronologically speaking Suicide Squad is like, one week before events of BvS?

Oh poo poo I just got a check from DC for having better ideas

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So is his face T like paint or a tattoo or nanomachines or what?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I thought the part where he's in Bizarro world away from the yellow sun and in direct contact with a red one was their way out of him dying, in that his cells were burning off all the excess yellow radiation just trying to keep him super.
Glad they stuck to their guns.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah it baffles me anyone ever called a young woman "Agnes" with a straight face. That name mandates the ability to draw social security by default. That's a name I don't think will ever loop back around to regular use.

Gladys, Pearl, Emma and Ezekiel are also names that surprise me still exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

It's kind of amusing? sad? how DC can't seem to do it's main dudes very well and keep trying to prop up guys like Cyborg or Deathstroke or whoever to Superman-level importance and meanwhile Marvel can make a hit movie out of Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant Man.

Ant Man and gotg were fun movies that reveled in their source material and we're comedy action/heist movies first and foremost
DC movies seem to hate their source material because somebody high up thinks that comic books are for nerd babies (don't get me wrong they totally are) but inject contempt for them instead of using it as an excuse to get silly and flashy.

• Locked thread