Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Honest, I've never been a big fan of Moon Knight, but he's had some pretty slick, costumes lately. I really dig that one. His other new costume is pretty awesome too, it looks more tactical, with a bit of armor.

The suit thing, always kind of reminds me of The Question, but he wears it a lot more authoritatively.

I kind of dig Hulk's Mr. Fixit, too. For the same reason Tim Gunn said. It kind of streamlines his bulk. Here he is from Marvel Heroes, sadly no pinstripes on this suit.

Maybe I just like suits?

I'm also really glad Psylocke had pants now. She looks more ninja, and way less sex-kitten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
The Udon/Tatical Task Master is the one they're currently using for the Ultimate Spider Man cartoon, much to my surprise. I dig it, but I kind of dig all of Task Master's costume.

That, and Tasky seems to be the main villain for this season.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Dacap posted:

Crosspost from the Marvel thread, here's a bunch of new costumes showing the designs for the new female Thor, Falcon as Cap, and a new Iron Man armor. I overall like the Thor, the Iron Man is kind of bland and the Cap design is way to busy in the chest and has a lot of extraneous elements like the massive belt buckle and side ridges that it would look better without.

Who's the guy on fire?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Spider-Girl got a new costume!

It seems to have been based upon this concept Frenz did a while back:

Which has a bit too much red in it.
But the final version seems much better:

I like it. It seems to be a nice middle ground between her original/Ben Reilly costume and the Peter Parker one.

Huh, Jess finally loses her costume that Rocket Racoon pointed out, basically, points down to her lady biz.

Then a similar theme shows up on Spider Girl. With the red arrow, the negative space in the blue, and the arches of red resting on her hip bones.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have, uh, heavily, implied it was done intentionally. That was me being a jerk.

Compared to the Ben Riley costume, the break up of the torso piece to the belt shapes, added an unintentional extra negative shape.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Jessica Drew. Spider Woman.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Action Jacktion posted:

It's a bit ridiculous that Killer Croc wears more than Harley or Enchantress, but I guess crocodile men can wear a lot if they want to.

To be fair, the more he wears, the less time they need to use to put prosthetics and make up on him.

I wouldn't have minded them either going the route they did with Deadpool's Colossus to make him more monstrous, or finding their own giganto-monster like Batista or Brock Lesnar, for someone more physically imposing.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Ygolonac posted:

Like this?

You bet. Those look like some Killer _____ (Moth, Croc, ect) to me.

At 6'10, Kevin Nash was pretty intimidating as both The Russian in The Punisher (Thomas Jane) and Super Shredder (TMNT2:SotO). I just looked it up, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Will Smith are the same height at 6'2, so he's probably already got platforms on.

I also just learned that Adewale voices Major Lazer in the cartoon.

Camera angle probably helps, but Colossus being as big as he was on the screen as in the comic was a real treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I think Perlman has the voice for it, considering his kind of haunting tone as Deathstroke Slade and the Lich from Adventure Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8BcqsgVlG0

• Locked thread