Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Action Jacktion posted:

It's supposed to be a version of Batwoman.

New God Batwoman with a giant, winged Ace the Bat Hound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Closest thing I can think of would be amateur wrestling headgear. I guess it's supposed to continue the costume up to the head without concealing the face or hair.

They still don't look as silly as whatever the hell Kirby gave Scarlet Witch.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

And Spidey still picked the wrong machine.

The Shiar had an instant wardrobe machine that turned Kitty into Darth Vader in the Dark Phoenix saga.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I love any costume that takes after the retro X-Men. Dark blue and yellow for everybody!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Here's some sketches of other Phoenix looks Cockrum was working on.

I like Lady Iron Fist.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Venom's new look.

Also is this Venom in Cosmic thing going to be semi-permanent or are they just enjoying loving around before they blow the whole thing up? I'm not reading the book but I've seen scans of Venom-rocket and Venom-groot.

Who knows? It's comic books. There's also Venom Drax!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Guy at the comic shop was complaining about Power Girl and Batgirl not being as sexy as they used to be, and how he's glad they didn't ruin Spider Woman..

Haven't been happier to ruin someone's day. This was punctuated by the guy who once wrote a three page manifesto on how Azzarello and Chiang were ruining Wonder Woman before the New52 even began, coming up to the counter with the latest issue of Wonder Woman, and whatever other cape book with a pair of tits.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Right on! (and good reference on Nite Owl, that's a fantastic example of what exactly I want.) It doesn't have to be XTREEEME 90's Batman figures with 50 thousand outfits or anything, Just "okay, it's winter in Gotham, maybe Huntress should not have her belly exposed while swinging around highrises during inclement cold weather".

I liked Batman's flight suit from Hush, and the diving suit from the Supergirl arc of Loeb's Superman/Batman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

She probably thought it was funny. You see the poo poo she draws, she probably has a great sense of humor about that kind of thing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I just don't understand why anyone would want to redesign the Flash's costume. Him and Spider-Man have costumes that are about as perfect as a costume can be.

That Wonder Woman looks awful. Of all the designs they could of went with, they went with that mess of spandex and armor.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Looks good. Try again on that tiara though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Nightwing's batons magnetize to his back or something, and Wonder Woman totally does the weighted clothing bit when she takes off her bracelets. They restrain her godly might. It was actually pretty bad rear end.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Change the red to skin tone, and she's a girl posing in her prom dress. I think it's flattering enough.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Thought that was Aquaman. The costumes look good, but they seem over designed for comic books.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I know times change, and sometimes you have to move on, but I will always love Animal Man wearing a leather jacket over his costume because he didn't want people to see he had gotten fat.

No way! He just wanted some pockets without wearing pants. Pouches weren't invented yet.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Professor Wayne posted:

I was actually digging that redesign of Batman Beyond until I realized it wasn't empty. Why even pretend to have traditional cowl when it's a full mask?

That's what made me like it. It looks like a open screaming mouth. What store is that a pre order bonus at?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Backup protocol when the armors computer is compromised. There's an armored Batmite only it can see.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It should be noted that Amazing, according to the cover, is going to take place in Tokyo, so that costume is going to look pretty drat slick. It's a good move to keep Miles from constantly being in Peter's shadow.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Black costume is my favorite non traditional one. Once you go black you only go back after it turns out to be alive, and terrorizes your wife.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Did Clint ever use a giant bow as Goliath? And why hasn't Ant Man ever used a gun that shoots Bullet Ants?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

After Kirby's Odin, Viking style Odin just doesn't seem grand enough for the All Father.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That's a good Gandalf.

drat...did Kirby ever draw the Lord of the Rings characters?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I like that costume. It'll look good swinging across the Tokyo skyline. Eight year old me wants the action figure with light up action.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

We got a ton of older dudes that buy those books. I'll let the readers decide if it's a good change. This is going to be hilarious.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It's been bothering me since I posted about Captain Marvel's costume being all primary colors (Red, blue, yellow), someone said the primary colors are Red, Blue, Green. I had this primary color argument with my cousin yesterday. What's the deal? Is the red, blue, green thing a recent development having to do with digital colors or what?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I thought it'd be something like that. I'll have to read up more on it.

Have we discussed the comic book shorthand of Red/Blue = Good and Green/Purple = Bad? How common was that practice back in the day?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Hulk's color scheme is great. The "villain colors" help differentiate him from the other Marvel heroes.

EDIT: Scarlet Witch was colored green on the cover of her first appearence. Mastermind is also wearing a green cloak. Quicksilver is in his traditional blue, but he wore green in some early appearences.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 20, 2015

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The guys making the movie recently said that both sides are equally "right", and want the audience to decide for themselves. Just the trailer has some people saying that Cap seems to be the bad guy in his own movie.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I like it. It's very blue.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Nessus posted:

Is the American Dream there Dusty Rhodes' secret super-soldier daughter?

First of all, I would like to thank the many, many fans throughout this country that wrote cards and letters to Shannon Carter, the American Dream, while I was down. Secondly, I want to thank Marvel Comics for waiting and taking the time, because I know how important it was — Secret Wars 2015 - it is to the comic fans and it is to Marvel Comics. And Shannon Carter, the American Dream, with that wait, got what I wanted: Doctor Doom, the god of Battleworld!

I don't have to say a lot more about the way I feel about Doctor Doom! No respect! No honor! There is no honor among thieves in the first place. He put hard times on Shannon Carter and her family. You don't know what hard times are, daddy! Hard times are when the mutants around this country are out of work and got four, five kids from different timelines, and can't pay their wages, can't buy their food. Hard times are when the auto workers are out of work and they tell them 'Go home!'. And hard times are when a man had his own book thirty years — thirty years! — they give him a crossover, kick him in the butt and say 'Hey, a Inhuman took your place, daddy!'. That's hard times! That's hard times.

And Doctor Doom, you put hard times on this country by taking Shannon Carter out. That's hard times! And we all had hard times together. I admit, I don't look like the heroes are today supposed to look. My belly is just a little big, my hiney is just a little big, but brother, I am bad, and they know I'm bad. And there were two bad people: one was Captain Marvel — and he's dead, brother — and the other one is right here!

Victor Von Doom, the Infinity Gauntlet belongs to these people. I'm gonna reach out right now. I want you at home to know, my hand is touching your hand for this gathering of the biggest body of people in this country, in this universe, all over the world. Now reach it out! Because the love that was given me — and this time I will repay you, now. Because I will be the next wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet, on this Hard Times Blues Shannon Carter 2015 tour!

And Doctor Doom, god of Battleworld, let me leave you with this: One way to hurt Doctor Doom is to take what he cherishes more than anything in the world. That's the Infinity Gauntlet! I will take it. I've been there twice. This time, when I take it, daddy, I'm gonna take it for you. Let's gather for it! Don't let me down now, 'cause I came back you, for that man up there that died ten, twelve years ago, that never got the opportunity to see a real wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet. I'm proud of you and thank god I have you. I love you. Love you!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9py4aMK3aIU

There's still time to say you're sorry.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That's hard times, brother!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

To answer my own question, I guess, I like it when it's the whole "eye" that changes shapes. Not a fan of only the white part changing while the black outline stays the same shape.

Like this:

That's way too obvious, but maybe that's the joke. Having the eyes change is a nice, subtle use of artistic license.

I like the web pits, but they're definitely not necessary.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

8 is really the only one I hate.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Firestorm was known as the POV character during his time on the JLA. Teams often have a younger novice hero that they can explain everything to the reader through.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

They should've made Cassandra Cain Black Bat again, and then we could have China's Finest.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Except she's not Chinese?

Maybe? I don't know. She was the Batman of China in Batman Inc.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Toadstrieb posted:

If you're referring to the show, "Gotham", good like finding a cringy-er piece of fan jerk-off material.

I watched a couple episodes with my roommate, and I thought the show would be a lot better if they would have Batman in there, but only show him when Gordon sees him, and never mention that he's Bruce Wayne.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

When Mari Marvel yells SHAZAM! she gets the cunning of a Shark, the flight of a Hawk, the strength of an Ant, the speed of Zebra, the toughness of an Armadillo, and the agility of a Monkey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Would you prefer a snake?

• Locked thread