Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Aside from the combat heels that costume came out looking decent. I like the look of the shin armor as it looks like it offers a little protection. The skirt could be a little longer but they cast a beauty queen for the role so might as well show off some legs for Snyder. But otherwise it could have looked like that horrible NBC pilot outfit. It's a pity Adrianne Palicki didn't get another shot at the role since she's closer to Wonder Woman's size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Decius posted:

Yeah, simply give her Zatara's costume, would look a lot better than this. Although I must say that Zatana is one of the few female Superheroes I don't have an issue with running around bare (hose covered) legged. I don't think the result of a redesign must always be "cover women up", it should be a sensible costume and/or a costume that fits the character, which can very much be sexy instead of sexualised. Emma Frost running around like she's just run out of Scott's bedroom is fitting, Psylocke or Ms (Captain) Marvel is not, basically.

Have they ever done a gag where Emma Frost just projects an illusion that she is wearing some sort of skimpy thing and she's really running around in sweats and comfy shoes?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Spider-Woman's getting a new look which I think is pretty neat:

Having the sunglasses pop out into face-mask mode seems kind of silly and I'm not entirely sure I understand the purpose, but ... I do like the callback to her old mask. I just don't understand. I dig the wings as an optional part of the outfit. Having something that can make the trip between street wear and hero wear is a cool concept. I do wish the red was a little brighter though.

This looks cool.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

What about the armpits?

It's probably hard to put on deodorant in a suit of armor.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Die Laughing posted:

She probably thought it was funny. You see the poo poo she draws, she probably has a great sense of humor about that kind of thing.

She had a great sense of humor when I spoke to her at a convention.

As far as that Power Girl concept goes it's nice but I would miss the half cape.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

He's gonna have a brouhaha with wonder woman while wearing an ''I do alpha poo poo'' shirt

SUPERMANS OVER

HES RUINED

Nah it's going to be an Affliction shirt.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Why does seemingly every DC character sport an undercut these days?

It's been a really hot summer this year.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Toadstrieb posted:

New suits lookin' good, a bit tougher for sure, even though a bonded chestplate like that would keep you from even raising your arms, lol. Of course Tony's gonna be presented as the villain for this one, so :smith:

Wasn't the original point (however badly it might have been executed) of Civil War to show two sides trying to handle the same problem? Tony was the face of the authoritative approach while Cap was the more freedom of individual leader?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

One side fought for freedom and the other side had an illegal torture prison and had Venom and Bullseye on the payroll. Oh, and staged an assassination attempt on a foreign diplomat to make the anti side look like foreign invaders by having foreign allies. And had a murderous cybernetic clone of Thor. And forced children into military service and used them for black ops. It wasn't a situation where you can agree with either side, despite the marketing.

I extraordinarily doubt that Tony will be nearly that evil in the film, especially since he's the face of the Avengers now. Although he'll likely "lose" since it's a Captain America film.

God drat, yeah that sounds a lot worse than the general framing leads one to believe.

As for the movie I can't really be sure how Tony will come out given RDJ was out the door until he saw this script. I know it brought him back into the movie plan.

The costumes look good though. I know they aren't all perfect but they look less ridiculous than a lot of the DC movie costumes.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Phy posted:

A lot of people have those weaknesses!

Okay this is a good post. :3:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

Jim Lee strikes again

that loving Deadshot :barf:
And I can't believe that Katana not only has not gone through a redesign yet but appeared in a TV show and a big budget movie unchanged.

I like the Harley holding the Joker doll despite Harley finally breaking away that abusive relationship. I guess DC didn't like what Palmiotti did but can't argue because it's one of their best sellers.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

SirDan3k posted:

Harley has "finally broken away from that abusive relationship" several times, it never sticks.

I'm reasonably sure it will stick as long as the current team has her. But you are probably right. :smith:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

I would totally forgive that Harley design if halfway through the movie she looks down and sees her feet are beaten to hell from those ridiculous heels.

I think I read something about Margot being miserable because she was freezing all the time.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

They filmed in Toronto in April and May, so it would have been pretty drat cold.

They have a scene in the rain so you get Harley in a white t-shirt. Supposedly they shot it all day and she got a lot of respect from the crew for not making a scene of being absolutely miserable in the cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Look they had to use a stand in for that scene because was Rocket had locked himself in a dumpster on accident.

• Locked thread