Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Came here to post this, rats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Looking forward to the gritty, dark, mature reboot of this costume:

Also while researching this I discovered that Divatox was played by the same actress who played Jadzia Dax on Deep Space Nine which is something I would never have figured out on my own in a million years :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

By the way CW's Flash introduced Black Siren (the Earth-2 version of Black Canary who is dead or something convoluted) and I thought it was very classy, with just the right amount of reminder of Black Canary's original showgirl-esque costume:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

... You're right, she was played by Terry Farrell, why does Google want me to think these two women are the same person? :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm no Republic serial villain. I DID IT THIRTY FIVE MINUTES AGO

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Don't worry guys it's going to look AMAAAAAAAAAAZING post production!!!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I kind of suspect the artist started from DAZ/Poser figures and modeled all that crap around them, which only exaggerates their basic wonky anatomy. Aside from that yeah those are just way too drat busy, like the robot designs in Michael Bay's Transformers movies.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Travis343 posted:

That's straight from the show, though, each one is themed after their own unique dinosaur. It works a lot better when the outfits aren't so busy, it gets lost among the greebles here.

Lost Among the Greebles would be a fabulous title for a documentary film/book on this poo poo.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

Bay's transformers didn't look like anything but they weren't the audience appeal characters, more like giant talking disasters or something. And they didn't have glowing plastic boobs either.

The problem with that sort of costume/character design is that it generally is really awesome to look at in stills (at least when done well):

... but not so much when it's animated, your brain has no time to get a grip on what it's seeing so you have a gigantic clusterfuck of visual gibberish.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Solenna posted:

Dacap is right, they should have kept Aquaman half dressed. They did this during the New52 initial launch too, though WW had pants in that, she was still the only one in the entire lineup with more than her face exposed. Oh, and Superman's hands.

Suicide Squad being 3/3 exposed midriffs on the female characters (who show up in marketing materials) actually made me laugh it's so predictable.

I have a theory and that theory is that Zack Snyder sucks real bad.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Heck yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enOHraf3LEk

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Someday tights are gonna come back into fashion and this "jacket and baggy pants" thing will be an embarrassing memory.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hollywood CG artists are way too much in love with greebly bullshit, it makes things like the Transformers film character designs impossible to really look at and have it not be gibberiish because there's just wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much pointless detail for the sake of pointless detail.

I mean I guess I can't blame the artists themselves, more the director/designer that demands that kind of poo poo.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

This goes back to my theory, that Zack Snyder sucks real bad.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The theme of the movie is "real bad" so I think they're on track really.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah the Joker costume looks incredibly bad too so it fits.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

We, in point of fact, like short shorts

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The "Lucky You" tattoo refers to the other cast members because they all get to wear clothes. Well, except for mud lady.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I dunno I think it looks substantially less comfortable, especially in cold weather. At least Margot Robbie gets to wear a T-shirt. e: oh and a jacket, that's not so bad

all those chains are gonna pinch and get really cold, plus the mud has gotta just suck

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh god I just noticed the pants are chainmail :ohdear:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

"Nobody wants to see that scaly schlub naked, cover that poo poo up man" - Zack Snyder during production design

I don't even know if Snyder was involved with production design but he's such a garbage can, I like to throw everything into it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yep!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The gimmick is the original character submerges herself in a bathtub full of muck (blood I suppose) and comes out looking like that permanently.

Also there are stink waves but I like the stink waves.

Stink waves are hot y'all

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh hey I like how that worked. Good clip. I'm glad for her sake they don't leave her covered in dirt for the whole flick.

e: I stand by my assessment of stink waves though, they are hot. :kimchi:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

I don't get the hate for the movie outfit anyway. It's not as bad as "DC why the gently caress are you still putting the Japanese flag on her head?" Katana outfit they ran with. They wanted Harley and the Joker to look trashy, and they succeeded. Nothing really mystical about it.

Probably because the other characters are so uninteresting by comparison that they don't provoke a lot of comment. Katana looks terrible, yeah, but there's not a lot else to say beyond that. Harley Quinn/Robbie are more "OMG look at those hotpants SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE rear end FOR THAT" and "Those jailhouse tattoos are SO BADLY DONE" vs. "Oh hey that guy sure is wearing a baggy overcoat, huh, how about that"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure if you're already a pro wrestler with a steady gig you'd have to be out of your mind to walk away from that and try to get into acting unless you are super, super charismatic like The Rock is, because getting paid a steady check is pretty great.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Entry level acting is worse than burger flipping though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

FAT BATMAN posted:

I really like MJ's shoes. That's all I have to add.

I disagree

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I like it when people do concept drawings for Bayonetta and the effect multiplies with itself

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

What's this about a 45 year old cheesecake character being a cheesecake character??

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

quote:

respect the sidetit window (I guess?), the little sister of the boob window

That's about the only one I really like, and it's pretty great.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I think the bat emblem is pretty crucial to Vampirella's design but mmmmm yeah maybe where it is traditionally placed i.e. in the happy valley could use an update.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Brand recognition, you don't walk away from 45 years of that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

This one is :krad: because it splits the difference between "sexy", "comics-functional", and "vampiric." The short-cloak aspect screams "vampire" while being vaguely reminiscent of a hero cape/duster, and the red/white color screams "atypical."

I do actually like it yeah, I didn't give it enough credit because the style disagrees with me but it's a good design imo.

e: Also it has crotchbat.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

He wears it pretty well.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Emma Stone and Emma Watson will make sure that name will not go away for a long time.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ānəs

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Actually, young Zachary is an overgrown kid smearing his steaming brown poop all over the DC films

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Batman, more like Fatman lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ashcans posted:

I am actually ok with Wonder Woman (wedges aside). Given the actual look of ancient greek armor would include things like sculpted pecs/abs and belly buttons, I think the bodice is in theme. I do wish that they had made it come all the way up to her shoulders/neck so that it more closely mirrored the look, though. I'd also prefer her skirt to be longer/more armored, but again it actually copies the hoplite look reasonably well.

A hard armor bodice/bustier that goes up under the armpits is really uncomfortable/downright painful. I mean I agree it looks kind of hot but I feel sorry for Gail Gadot, wearing that.

e: aside from that everything is over-greebled and hard to look at but that's hollywood
cyborg looks like some poo poo out of a Michael Bay Transformers movie

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 8, 2016

• Locked thread