Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

zoux posted:

Wolverine: Good at boats???

"I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do ain't on land."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Wendell posted:

I loved Psylocke's hooded armour costume so much, and the characterization that went along with it. She wasn't a warrior, she provided tactics and support! That's pretty unique, I think. But then she became a ninja.

Armor Psylocke and the butterfly power signature was the best. She has never recovered from being ninja-fied and it makes me sad.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Superstring posted:

Wasn't this a Claremont thing?

Endless Mike posted:

I think it was a Jim Lee idea, actually, since he wanted to draw sexy Asian ninjas.

Given Claremont's fetishization of ninjas, I'm betting it was more of a collaborative effort.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

Kitty has always had a costume problem.

This is one of the absolute worst costumes in comics today. I hate it. It looks so dumb.

I was all ready to say "Hey, the one Alan Davis drew her in in Excalibur was pretty boss" and then I went back and actually looked at it, only to realize that my memory deceived me and it was in fact terrible. Ye Gods, that loving collar.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Soonmot posted:

"I'M NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS! Wait, no. Sorry, yeah I am."

Seriously, if you got alternate voice acting from Hockey Pad Bat-Knockoff that would be the greatest thing ever.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The more Power Girl people post, the less I want to read it.

Lurdiak hates fun.

Unless it's Ms. marvel, but I suspect that's a blind-squirrels-finding-acorns kind of a thing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Die Laughing posted:

Backup protocol when the armors computer is compromised. There's an armored Batmite only it can see.

No lie, if the RoboBat Armor has an onboard AI or AI-esque assistant program that appears on the suit's HUD as a Bat-Mite version of Clippy I will be sold.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm pretty sure if you're already a pro wrestler with a steady gig you'd have to be out of your mind to walk away from that and try to get into acting unless you are super, super charismatic like The Rock is, because getting paid a steady check is pretty great.

Sadly being a pro wrestler, especially if you're not one of the Top Guys, is one of the least steady gigs there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Entry level acting is worse than burger flipping though.

Which, while true, isn't what I was talking about. Pro wrestlers are pretty well universally not employees of whoever they wrestle for; they're independent contractors. There is no "steady gig." Even a top guy in the company, if they get injured, often isn't getting paid while they rehab. Piss off one of the bookers? No one in the writing room has a story for you this week? Welp, no check for you.

While you're right that you'd have to be crazy to walk away from a steady gig in order to start acting, wrestling isn't a steady gig, is my point.

• Locked thread