Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Great OP!

I was recently reminded of this Spidey outfit from JMS' run, that I always liked.

the wiki kind of explains it maybe - http://spiderman.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Parker_%28Earth-312500%29
The jacket was even reversible so he could easily go from casual Peter to Spidey. Shame it never came into the story proper. Jackets are definitely big in superhero fashion lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
It got redrawn in a new issue for some reason I do not know.

And I don't know what you guys are talking about. It looks great! (But I also liked both Scarlet Spider costumes in the clone saga, so hey.)

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
That's fair. No idea if it's meant to be leather, but even wool or other cloth material would be restrictive.

Another costumed that I didn't see mentioned was this Batman outfit I remember people talking about :

Probably shouldn't work, but it totally does.

By the way, why does Batman have no eyes?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I don't think I ever liked the white Batman eyes. They maybe worked in the style of The Animated Series, but elsewhere not so much. I like him having normal eyes in the Nolan films, Injustice and the Arkham games. Though I suppose the eyeblack is pretty silly in the movies.

redbackground posted:

I guess it's been too long, but I just remember the eye parts of the mask basically filling in with a white glow for like 2 shots. I will revisit.

Say Nothing posted:

Why is future Peter Parker always fat?
But his torso is shaped like a V and the jacket wrinkles in the flat part where a belly would be? The jacket makes him look bulkier than a skintight outfit would, but I don't see the fat.

He looked kind of tubby in his arctic Breaking Bad art on the last page with Wolverine and Hulk though.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Does he work for Cerberus now?
Hah, looks super Mass Effecty to me too.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
So now glasses and a logo are literally the only things separating Clark Kent from Superman?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
But seriously, is Clark Kent wearing those jeans and boots under his slacks and some nice brogues? Or are people going to be like "boy, from the waist down, you sure dress like Superman."

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I kinda like it. It's different, at least!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I just got round to reading the Fraction/Aja Hawkeye run and is it weird that Clint/Kate's ordinary modern clothing with purple flourishes, accessorised by plasters and bandages - is kinda the coolest "costume" I've seen in a long time?

edit:
for reference - Kate looking awesome and totally avatar worthy.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 24, 2015

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Never understood why people hated that costume so much. I liked it.

I think his getup in the first half of Winter Soldier was easily his coolest costume though, was pretty sad that he went back to the weird one from the first movie at the end.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I wonder if it would be better if they removed those weird strips of red and brown. Maybe that's just because I thought the Winter Soldier outfit early in the movie was a hundred times more rad than the costume he brought back in the second half.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Skwirl posted:

They need to just accept movie magic and stop giving Steve Rodgers a hood. He doesn't have a secret identity and any "tactical realism" arguments about go out the window when you realize Black Widow and Hawkeye don't wear helmets and are a poo poo ton less resilient than Captain America.

You have Chris Evans in your movie, why the gently caress are you hiding his face?
A hood? In all the best versions of the costume it's a helmet. And it's loving rad.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Well now The Flash is a power ranger and Cyborg "looks like an Nvidia card".

I also like the inclusion of inexplicable robo-abs on the Batfleck costume. Can he move his head in that, by the way?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Were all his eye movements CG? That was a really good detail.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm primarily confused by them not having Harley in red and black. Seems like step one. Literally iconic.

But generic baseball girl? I don't even know.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

More scales and texture! More! And no red panties!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I think the actor is actually super buff, I'm surprised the costume makes him look so normal.

Aphrodite posted:

Well, it's photoshopped and not actually him, so he still might be.
It's definitely been heavily edited but it's apparently an official CW image, so I don't know how it's not actually him? (It's weird that even Benoist has a deadeyed face on there, when pretty much everyone loves her)

Totally forgot to respond to these posts the other day:
Is that definitely a jokey look at-and-discard moment alá Jessica Jones? Because that looks WAY BETTER than the actual costume and if she actually ends up like that in the movie, it'd make a lot more sense.

mind the walrus posted:

You've got a point.

Genuinely couldn't tell if this was sarcastic. That looks silly, but way more interesting and not that much sillier than weird baseball t-shirt girl.

Oh, drat. Was this in X:A? First I've seen of it. Mask/helmet looks like it could be legit cool.

• Locked thread