Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What do people prefer for Thor? Armored sleeves or none? They're a good idea, but Thor doesn't really need them at all. I think the bare arms really drive home his strength and physique. It's like how long-sleeved jerseys rarely look good on basketball players.

Also, I really liked the Ben Reilly Spider-Man costume. It was 90s with the enlarged spider symbol, but it wasn't as tacky as the Scarlet Spider torn shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Kung Fu Hulk is pretty cool. Makes me wonder how strong he would be if he fought with a proper combat system than just flail around.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
re: eyes in costumes

I just read The Return of Barry Allen story arc from Waid's Flash run and Barry brings that up on Wally's costume. With Barry's you could see his eyes, but Wally's has his eyescovered.

"People trust you more if they see your eyes" is the point he was saying.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Literally The Worst posted:

Counterpoint its Zoom which makes the whole conversation real ironic

He truly believed he was Barry at that time, so it was fine in my book.

To keep on topic: I have a real soft spot for (pre-Nu52) Jay Garrick's Flash costume. Nothing funnier than a guy in a shirt punching the lights out of you.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ms. Marvel has a costume based on a swimsuit and it's nowhere near sexy/sexual/titillating/<insert provocative adjective of choice here>. Now that's mindboggling.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I particularly like this Doctor Strange costume, and I'm using it in the game.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I can't see how she's able to sit without impaling herself on that sharp point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
While we're still discussing the article, I like the Samus one, reminds me of VOTOMS and Chirico Cuvie.

• Locked thread