Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The amount of great designs on Project: Rooftop going unused in favor of bland traditionalist garbage was so frustrating, I had to give up reading it for a while.

I'm a big fan of Aztek. Even though his design is all kinds of goofy, it just works. The gold and grey on white with the gigantic, spiky helmet. He fits right in on the JLA.

The Wonder Woman design from a few years ago wasn't bad either. Just not for Wonder Woman. But it would be miles ahead of what Cassie's been wearing in Teen Titans lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Selachian posted:

And speaking of safari, how about Kraven the Hunter's lionface vest with the massive furry shoulders? (I could have done without the leopard-print tights and slippers though.)

His design on the MTV show was good despite not having the big, floofy mane. Like the dude from GTA4 in biker gear.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Spider-Man, of all characters, isn't really the kind of hero that can pull off a leather jacket for regular use, what with the acrobatics and all. But, if I remember the story correctly, as a signifier that he's an old guy making his last stand, a Western-style bib jacket seems appropriate.

Is the concern that the bottom buttons aren't drawn? Because having to slide all of that over your head and then button 6 buttons anyway is kinda dumb.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

(From the Fear Itself event, when Juggernaut got all hammered-up and was heading to Frisco.)

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
A kid (Billy Batson aka Captain Marvel) deciding his favorite shirt, his dad's bomber jacket, and a scarf is a sufficient costume is more palatable than an adult (Clark Kent aka Superman) with a job at a newspaper who should know better deciding the same thing.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 23, 2014

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

mind the walrus posted:

It's fun to be willfully obtuse and ignore historical context isn't it? I mean I agree with what you're saying, but come the gently caress on.

So my opinion about that particular design being better suited for Captain Marvel than Superman is wrong? Please do enlighten me.

After that, maybe we can discuss whether milk or piss is better on cereal. I expect you'll be using first hand experience to support your argument.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Billy Batson. You know. A kid.

The giant, red crotch plate is to prevent extra embarrasment during that time of the month by being an embarrasment all of the time instead.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
From the creative genius who brought us Robot, a robot, Monster Girl, a girl who can turn into a monster, and Wolf-Man, a wolf man. I like some of Kirkman's stuff, and the joke was redeemed by Luke Cage's reaction on the next page, but come on.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That second costume isn't any less hysterical now than the day it premiered.

"Cleavage is offensive! Just circle one of her nipples instead!"

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Give the kid a break. It was her fifth costume and second codename that day.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Doubtful.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Not without the gems it doesn't.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If you really want to master stealth, do it in a costume that squeaks like crazy every time you move.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Black Lightning. He and Blue Devil appeared in an arc of that DC Universe Presents comic nobody but me read.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
She wasn't exactly shy about phasing through everything in sight after being a well-publicized X-Man known almost exclusively for being able to phase through things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

SirDan3k posted:

Hot pants are the most mysterious of pants.

I know, right? They are clearly shorts.

• Locked thread