Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

DC's current direction with their movies seems to be them pushing against the whole "Superfriends" perception they think most people have.

I don't know if people actually still do see DC characters like that or not.

mind the walrus posted:

Don't get too excited iirc Cyborg was rather a bit player in both. If it's the first run I'm thinking of it's the one where Geoff Johns tries to retrofit Young Justice into the Wolfman/Perez Titans and was the moment DC started to break for me, and if it's the second run it's the One Year Later arc which is largely garbage in which Ravager is a creep, Kid Devil is pathetic, and the plucky "normal" mascot teens get eaten by their own mutant dog.

It was the first run. Superboy stumbled into his room with Krypto, and Cyborg yells at him for bringing pets in there.

Shame Johns left Teen Titans early, and so many events interfered with it, because I really liked what he was doing for the most part, and none of the latter writers ever came close to writing the team as well. The roster was constantly shuffling around, Beast Boy and Raven got irritating with their relationship that I liked under Johns' writing, Starfire and Cyborg left for the awful Titans book, and most of the characters post time-skip weren't memorable in the least. The dynamic of older mentors (Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven) with the younger characters (Bart, Cassie, Conner, and Tim), was the most interesting thing about the team from Johns' run, and that was just thrown out.

Roth fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread