Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

HitTheTargets posted:

Also I'm sad because I have yet to see Sexy Groot.

Poison ivy???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I really like the hoplite-inspired look, like this:
Wouldn't she be more of a Retiarius?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Harime Nui posted:

Stay tuned for more of my witty twists on the complications of being a superhero you just wouldn't think of!

Thrill to the mystery of Where Do You poo poo In That?

Recoil in wonder as you ask Do They Pack a Lunch or Something?

Be left stupefied by How Come Nobody Notices You Jump Out Your Window Every Morning??

AND MORE!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Knormal posted:

Opportunity, duh.

Anyway, the boob window's gone since she went back to Earth 2, because this just spontaneously happened for some reason.

The way it just supermagically attached to her costume was super stupid.

Not that E2s been short of super stupid moments as of late, though

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

NotAnArtist posted:

That's the final, eh? Shame they couldn't have chosen a more interesting costume.
The cool floating head/shell aspects would have made it amazing. As would have changing the flame color scheme like in the notes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Bat bulge reaaaaaally accentuated by that belt design. Almost as bad as Supergirl's super-merkin triangle thing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They giving Tim the ol' Salt Peter dick injections that Burt Ward was rumored to have received during Batman??

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Skwirl posted:

Kirby's original stuff made it look like clothes they were wearing and not just body paint.
They had these weird cinched belts yet were evocative of astronaut getups.

Though fabric doesn't quite make sense for Mr Fantastic.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Selachian posted:

I read the comments. Why did I read the comments?
My favorite was "Have you been around teenagers? Tons of sluts young girls dress provocatively!", followed by " I'm sorry WHO is this person never heard of her :tips trilldora:"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hiddenriverninja posted:

what is so hard about making a 'Bruce travels the world learning how to Batman' show
They couldn't sell it so instead they made Smallville... :v:

Also, let's just assume Batfleck is the reason for all the gnarly silver dental work on Letoker's grill . . .

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gaz-L posted:

Though, to answer the actual question, it's actually harder than you'd think, mostly because the conceit would prevent you from having much in the way of recurring cast or even standing sets, making the show very expensive compared to other ideas.
The quick and Dirty solution to that is to turn it into Batvatar: the Best Bonebender and have Brucie train (and eventually defeat) the DCU's best fighters. Stick with a locale for a season then mix it up.

With Zatanna as the plucky sidekick/protector.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Timeless Appeal posted:

Like she's generally trying to create the most ideal global climate, but obviously not everyone's going to be happy. So, she's constantly having to negotiate with different countries and industries and conservation groups.
The Intrigue comes from the fact that the entire world can't be Los Angeles style weather. We need permafrost zones. And making some areas more temperate would do crazy poo poo like spread mosquito borne disease.

It would be pretty fun to read about the unintended consequences though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
all New Teen Titans up there looks like shiiiittt.

Everything else is pretty meh. The costumes barely change. I think you'd need the supplementary story backgrounds for it to really work.

//oh God they actually tied Superman's origin into the Smallville TV series. Proving in one deft stroke that they don't understand what the Ultimate Universe is meant to do (get rid of continuity kruft).

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 4, 2016

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It seems like an awful lot of these got recycled in other series/media.

Shades of TDK in that Batman origin, Hawgirl's JL plot in WW, Teen Titans basically being Lexcorp's Infinity Inc from 52.

I think the GL proposal was the strongest. But they all stick to pretty well worn avenues.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Decius posted:

Why does she look like she's fallen out of a game circa 2006? They don't have the same budget, but, how can this have been made the same year as this:

Because the folks responsible for the second game are CodeWhisperers.

NRX apparently now have modellers that can make people look like people and not perma-stacked meat mountains , but Injustice seems to be their C-team of interns.

That customizable armor poo poo is going to bead to some rear end-ugly costume cruft.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

muscles like this? posted:

It was supposed to be absolute hell to wear though. Apparently the costumes were hard to put on and take off and after Shipp put it on he couldn't take it off until they were done filming for the day. It was also completely suffocating to wear and didn't breathe at all so he says he was constantly sick from wearing it.
Also, if i remember my early 90s lore well enough, it was made out of some kind of latex foam rubber to give it that texture bulging muscles feel, so there was constant, constant maintenance needed on the damned thing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

prefect posted:

It is impossible for movies to look just like comic books. They can't make it look the way my brain does when I read.
Well, I mean, Sin City.

The guys didn't have flat hammers for fingers but the overall aesthetic was cool.

Then they waited 10 years for the sequel and no one cared.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Crowetron posted:

Excellent image of a movie that looked like poo poo and not at all like a comic.
Wrong. Teenage Negasonic Warhead was the platonic ideal of a Frank Quitely comic teen.

Ferrule posted:

IMO that's about as buff as Superman should get. He doesn't need to be a body-builder because he doesn't need to lift weights for strength. A beefy farm-boy, sure, but not Mr. Olympian.
Thought I quite appreciated Cavill's sexy shirtless run in MoS (god he was huge in that) he actually looks way less imposing in the costume because of the way it's textured and everything.

But yeah, Superman doesn't need to be HHH huge. It's just the post-arnold aesthetic that we consider to be "super strong"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Yeah that's pretty much 2002-03 era Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That cartoon gives me good Ren n Stimpy vibes.

Like maybe in an alternaverse John K. smoked some good weed and chilled the gently caress out and went into webcartooning, and his designs didn't turn into sausagepeople.

• Locked thread