Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I like it. It looks like a high-production version of Xena's outfit. Could use a bit less muted colours, but it's a Snyder superhero movie, so everything has to look dark and sleek I guess. Not sure about the heels/wedges and the overknee boots in general though, but they aren't stiletto heels, so that's already a plus. Also, I hope they give her a leaf-shaped xiphos as sword in the film, it fits best with the origin and has also the coolest look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Aphrodite posted:

That's a waitress uniform.

Yeah, simply give her Zatara's costume, would look a lot better than this. Although I must say that Zatana is one of the few female Superheroes I don't have an issue with running around bare (hose covered) legged. I don't think the result of a redesign must always be "cover women up", it should be a sensible costume and/or a costume that fits the character, which can very much be sexy instead of sexualised. Emma Frost running around like she's just run out of Scott's bedroom is fitting, Psylocke or Ms (Captain) Marvel is not, basically.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Hakkesshu posted:

Kitty has always had a costume problem.

This is one of the absolute worst costumes in comics today. I hate it. It looks so dumb.

I do like the classic X-Men colour-scheme, but I hate the yellow crotch arrow, especially when drawn very narrow. It then looks especially weird on the backside:

I prefer it with the Superman-style yellow underpants on, breaks up the costume a bit. Something in this style:

I like the one she had in WatXM:

but it of course doesn't fit her current age in the comic book.

Soonmot posted:

Huh, I expected FYAD, but it was mostly GBS.

FYAD would have had a higher trolling quality.

Decius fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jan 14, 2015

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Alhazred posted:

Did they age up Oya also? Because :stare:

She was stated by Storm to be 12 years old when she first appeared. Gillen said that was a misprint and it was supposed to be 14, and she was drawn to look like a pre-teen. She's around 16-17 in Generation Hope.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Gatts posted:

I'd kinda wish we could get something like this but eh.

Using a shield with full plate armour means you don't trust your armour. Otherwise it's rather superfluous except in very special cases (like charging into a spear wall).
Otherwise it would be definitely better than the low-rise armour they gave Angela.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

mind the walrus posted:

To be fair have you seen dude's athletics wear before the late 80s (and even a while after)? Looking like you forgot to wear pants seems to be the point.

Sure, but modern athletes don't wear it any more and are instead wearing tight-fitting spandex-like materials not only for the superior performance qualities, but also because it does look a lot better, which is important if you're a moving ad campaign.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

JacquelineDempsey posted:

And I would also like to see a soccer mom hero/villain.

Sue Richards sometimes gets to be that, depending on the writer.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Better look of Wonder Woman's new costume:

I don't like the overknee boots at all, and the neckline makes it look like an uniform - works for Captain Marvel, but not so much for Wonder Woman.

Also, instead of the wrist blades she should keep her magical leaf-blade short swords. Otherwise seems quite good. And pants! Something deemed impossible just 3 years ago.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Dan Didio posted:

Young women who are interested in comic books, which overlap with, but exist separate from, young women who will go and see the latest blockbuster superhero film. You're attributing cause and effect to coincidence and demographic overlap and eclipse.

I'm asking for evidence that people who would not purchase comic books before did so because of the movies. Did they? Do they? It's something that gets stated a lot, but I'm not sure it's backed up by any long-term lasting trend in sales or demographics.

The Big Two seem to think so, so I guess they do have something backing it up (but then I'm sure they also had for Nu52...). And even if only 3 % of the female movie goers check out a comic book and 3 % of those stick with it you already increased the readership by an order of magnitude. It's costing them basically nothing to try it. Because the alternative is losing 10-15 % readership every year until the last of us old fuckers are dead.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but if you can't make a success out of 700 million dollars, you hosed up somewhere. Star Trek Into Darkness came after and made less than 500 million and was considered a success. Thor 2 also made less than 700 million and Hemsworth isn't being recast anytime soon.

Expectations and planning. If Apple sells only 20 million iPhone 6S it would be a colossal failure. If Samsung sells 20 million Galaxy S 6 it will satisfy them, because they took a severe beating last year. If it was still 2013 they would probably be devastated. If HTC sells 20 Million M9 they would be dancing on the streets. Same with movies. You can make a healthy profit but it still can be a big failure in the long run.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Jean Grey's new costume is pretty bad:

it looks like she put a modesty towel front and back. Either make it a full skirt with leggings below or leave the skirt part, but that thing doesn't work at all, except maybe if you make it a running gag with her putting on a new, worse, costume every book.

Decius fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 20, 2016

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Upper part looks good, I agree, mask too, unlike the old, old one (although, everyone knows who she is, seems a bit useless with no secret identity)

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

X-O posted:

DC's Chinese Super-Man is not coming out of the gates looking good.

Not to make jokes about Chinese cheap copies, but it's really hard not to looking at this.

Decius fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Why does she look like she's fallen out of a game circa 2006? They don't have the same budget, but, how can this have been made the same year as this:

Decius fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 18, 2016

• Locked thread