Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Nice job on the car, dude. I've always had a weird fondness for EGs. The problems you had would have frustrated the poo poo out of me and I probably would have set the drat thing on fire or something.

For what it's worth, I have a similar-era Accord and it never gets past about 1/3 on the temp scale, like STR said. Even sitting at a dead stop on 400 in July with a/c it stays pretty low, though it may have one of those dumbed-down not-really-a-gauge gauges. I don't ever hear the fans on after stopping the car, either.

Worst case scenario, maybe you can do like some friends of mine have done and register your car in a county where they don't do emissions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Definitely bleed it, last time I opened my Accord's cooling system up to change a leaking gasket it was fine for a few days and then suddenly started to get too hot alarmingly fast (I won't say it overheated because I always caught it in time and cranked the heater to cool it down.) Thankfully I always watch my gauges and didn't make a milkshake in the crankcase. Those little bleeder screws work amazingly well if you follow the instructions.

Now you're making me think of all the original suspension bits on my car that need replacement. My suspension is about as firm as a 1970s Cadillac's at this point. :sigh:

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Nah.

pants in my pants fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 14, 2014

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Senior Funkenstien posted:

^^^Decide it was too much work?

Took the civic over to the local emission place today. Failed HC ppm, CO and NO ppm. Any suggestions?

Nah, just a self-centered drunkpost about my own car which doesn't help you. Basically, your suspension post inspired me to do my lower ball joints which were mangled to gently caress and on the right side missing the boot completely. Unfortunately I forgot to un-bend the caliper backing plate I bent a little in the process, so on its inaugural 500ft test drive I heard the noise, pulled it pack into the garage and decided to drive a different car until I was less sore and felt like climbing under the fucker again.

• Locked thread