Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Fairly fun game. Is there something I'm missing with MGs though, specifically some kind of "deploy bipod" button? Even going prone causes the gun to jump like crazy after firing even a couple bullets, making the thing essentially worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

You can also recruit a new guy into your... team, or whatever. A new infantry guy is 7500, but none of your achievements/etc transfer to the new guy. Switching a pilot/tanker/etc back to infantry costs 2500, but if you go back to infantry with a particular guy you'll have to pay full price to return to the profession you left.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

The MP40 costs 113,000 or so. Grinding up to SMG level 5 is by far the easy part.

e: Also, free 3-day membership http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/525/Heroes-Generals-3Day-Veteran-Membership-Giveaway.html

Lassitude fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 15, 2014

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Bullets are insane in a bad way. I unlocked the crazy precision bullets for the MG34 and used maybe 150 rounds in a single match. Cost to restock? Nearly 8000. What a ripoff. I couldn't even really tell the difference (on account of MGs having insane recoil for some reason even if you're prone and ADS) and it probably cost more to buy bullets than I earned in the match.

Speaking of which, does precision or stability affect recoil on weapons? It'd be great to also tone the gewehr down in terms of recoil. Its sights are awful, and the recoil on the stock version of the gun basically means you lose sight of the person you're shooting with every shot because the gun jumps so far that it obscures the target.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Leo Showers posted:

I actually have a 2 star Paratrooper assault team from ages ago, the issue is that it seemingly costs warbux or realbux to resupply. They are now caught in some bizarre limbo between being deployed/not deployed. I can't reset it but they aren't deployed. Whatever.

Yeah, infantry ATs seem to be necessary. They earn a decent chunk of warbux for participating/winning fights. Using infantry ATs can help earn enough warbux to buy/maintain more expensive ATs like paratroopers or armor/fighter ATs.

Here's the table that goes over the specifics of AT cost/earnings: http://forum.heroesandgenerals.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=16861

Infantry earn big warbux win or lose and don't cost much to resupply, so throwing around a few infantry ATs is pretty important to being able to also throw around anything else.

Lassitude fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 20, 2014

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

So I finally got the MG42 and I gotta say the MGs are way better than I thought they'd be. Even the MG34 was a good go. After doing the training mission and seeing how insane MG recoil is I figured they'd be worthless. Once I learned how to compensate for recoil though, MG34 or 42, those guns tear it up. Thompsons which two-shot body kill are probably the better attacking weapon, especially considering they can hipfire fire while moving, but there's nothing like setting up someplace and hosing down a jeep full of guys with an MG42 (even if its sound is identical to the MG34).

Overall still not a very good game though!

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Also it's funny that a game which is so broken its chat system doesn't even work half the time still managed to have way better vehicle physics than something like Planetside 2.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I've been using a car for a few days now. It's not nearly as bad as what I'm used to. They have some weight and traction approaching what a real vehicle might. In PS2 I can go off a little bump in a tank and the front end will randomly fly up into the air and the tank will end up inverted and then explode. I've yet to see any tanks in this game fly around as if they weight 2lbs and are covered in oil. It's nice to use vehicles where the #1 threat to them isn't terrible physics. FPS of the year 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Thesoldier posted:

gently caress the MG34/42, until they fix the recoil it's pretty much garbage, spend the money on the MP40 instead.

gently caress this. I've been using the MG34 for long enough to get LMG 8 and then buy the MG42. The recoil is crazy but once you use it enough you will find yourself automatically compensating for the recoil with mouse movement. At that point you're left with an insanely powerful weapon which is able to mow down a half-dozen enemies before reloading. I strongly recommend the MGs. They're very powerful. Just don't mod them unless you want to spend more than you make with premium every match to repair/rearm.

• Locked thread