Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Were you a WCW kid or a WWF kid?
WWF all the way
WCW for life
Neither, I watched ECW
I'm Brodus Clay, I put one tv on top of the other.
View Results

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I watched WCW around 98/99 but only very sparingly. The only memories I have of that period are being a big mark for DDP, The Giant, Ultimo Dragon and Sting in that order. I didn't really get why people liked Goldberg so much (except that I thought he was friends with Giant so he had to be pretty OK) and I didn't get why my friends all had NWO T-shirts because they were the bad guys. But DDP, Giant, Ultimo Dragon and Sting were the coolest and I wanted them to win every match.

The only Pay Per View I ever ordered (other than Event Horizon, I don't know how I convinced my dad to get that) was none other than Road Wild 98 because I loved to stay up late and watch the Tonight Show, so as soon as I heard the words "Diamond Dallas Page and Jay Leno are going to beat up Hulk Hogan," I was throwing my money at the TV. The only other things I remember from that PPV is Public Enemy bringing tables down to their tag match, which started my life-long love of tables betting broken.

Although I played a lot of wrestling videogames I didn't actually watch the show again until 2003 when by total chance I tuned in Raw on the night Triple H returned. Him, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, The Rock, Stone Cold and Kurt Angle talking about the Royal Rumble absolutely magnetized me and I was onboard from that point forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Dammit_Carl! posted:

n.W.o. Wolfpack 4 lyfe, yo.

Best part was how the wife hated when I'd wear the Wolfpack n.W.o. t-shirt out in public..."its embarassing," she said...pfft.

I bet she wouldn't say it was "embarassing," to 7ft Tall, 317 Pounds, a native of Detroit Michigan, his accomplishments and glory in professional wrestling make him a citizen of the world, the once member of the world tag team champions the Outsiders, the founding father of the original New World Order and the NWO Wolfpack known as the Red and Black, considered by most to be the best Big Man in the sport today, the master of the Jackknife Powerbomb, the newly crowned reigning, defending, undisputed WCW/NWO Heavyweight Champion of the WOOOOORLD, "Big Sexy," Kevin Nash.

• Locked thread