Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Were you a WCW kid or a WWF kid?
WWF all the way
WCW for life
Neither, I watched ECW
I'm Brodus Clay, I put one tv on top of the other.
View Results

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Preteen - WWF first due to location but I discovered WCW about a year later and liked both equally before stopping watching wrestling completely in '93.

Teenager - discovered wrestling again in early 1998. WCW hooked me back in with Goldberg and the Jericho/Malenko feud. Watched WWF and ECW occasionally but was mainly a WCW fan until the Fingerpoke. Then I mainly stuck to the other two and within a few months dropped WCW almost completely beyond the first hour of Nitro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Did the Fingerpoke really turn off that many loyal WCW viewers? Like, they immediately just gave up on the show after that?

The alternative was a Kevin Nash vs Hogan match, that would have gotten them to stick around??

Well, it was the capstone to a lot of lovely booking that turned me off, and remember that they gave away the fact that the WWF was doing something really drat cool as well. Foley winning the title was a lot more interesting than Hogan being given the belt by Nash.

• Locked thread