Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Were you a WCW kid or a WWF kid?
WWF all the way
WCW for life
Neither, I watched ECW
I'm Brodus Clay, I put one tv on top of the other.
View Results

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was a WWF kid because we didn't get any NWA stuff on television. Then they put WWF on pay TV only so for years I saw no wrestling at all. Then WCW came on in time for the Monday Night Wars and I watched that and thought it was awful. Then WWF came back and it was just so much better in terms of presentation (WCW felt so amateurish and shoddy by comparison), so WWF all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jason Sextro posted:

really more of a Bret Hart kid

:cool::hf::c00l:

When I started watching WWF again, Bret was supposedly the heel and Shawn Michaels was the face. The hell with that, I was supporting Bret "Canada's Hero" Hart.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

If you lived in Canada you weren't supposed to be cheering for Shawn Michaels.

Bret Hart - Heel in America, Super Babyface in the rest of the world - was such a great storyline. By comparison, whatever they were doing in WCW at the time was just a big ol' mess to me (to be fair, with some really awesome stuff peppered in there as well).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's weird (and I'm not saying you're wrong! It's just a matter of preference/opinion) but for me it was the opposite. WCW's production values seemed really amateurish and lovely, with terrible sound mixing and pretty poor camerawork. WWF, on the other hand, I found a slicker and more professional production even when it was being cartoony (perhaps BECAUSE it was being cartoony) where everything was carefully managed so even the most chaotic moments, while feeling organic, made sure you could see and hear everything that was going on in a way that made sense.

Really though it was the sound-mixing that really pissed me off about WCW. You've got the "Huuuu huuu hu huuuu HUUUUU HUUUUUUUU!" of the ring announcer, the commentators talking over everything, the crowd is just a mass poorly micced noise that often overrode the theme music, and then you've got wrestlers cutting promos to camera as they walk down the aisle only you can only make out every 3rd or 4th word.

"....Malenko.... out because..... to..... then you'll.... with me!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God, I remember the build to that HHH/Slaughter match.

Slaughter was the Commissioner at the time I think, and he got so sick of DX's rebellious attitude and disrespect that he cut a promo where he quickly morphed from Commissioner Slaughter to Sergeant Slaughter... only I think it was supposed to get a pop and it didn't, because the fans mostly quite enjoyed DX despite them supposedly being heels.

• Locked thread