Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Were you a WCW kid or a WWF kid?
WWF all the way
WCW for life
Neither, I watched ECW
I'm Brodus Clay, I put one tv on top of the other.
View Results

• Locked thread
some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Started out as a WCW kid in 1997 (Well, a 16 year old kid) for maybe half a year because that's what everyone was talking about. WCW had all the big names and they took it seriously like it was an actual sport. It really seemed like the major league compared to the WWF. I quickly made the permanent switch to WWF once I discovered Austin and DX. DX (the heel DX with Michaels - the only good version) was entertaining, unpredictable, had an awesome entrance, and it took over the whole show. It wasn't just one segment. It felt like DX and Austin was the show. Whenever I turned the channel to Nitro, I had this horrible feeling that I was missing something fantastic. I remember one time I was watching Nitro, then I switched back and the announcers were acting like DX murdered the Legion of Doom. I felt terrible for missing it.

The Montreal screwjob added to the excitement. Already I was confused about how much was real and fake. Clearly some people were really getting hurt. I could see them taking hard unpredicted chair shots to the face. I saw Michaels fall off a cage. I could see that his face got rammed so hard into the cage that he started bleeding and I could see that it was real blood. Who could have ever imagined that a guy would have a hidden razor and cut open his own face to put on a performance? Then with the Montreal screwjob, we have this bleeding of fiction and reality. Nothing half so interesting was happening in WCW. For all I knew at the time, that was typical of WWF and stuff like that happened every month. Perhaps wrestlers in real life hated DX so much they would refuse to lose. Maybe Shawn pissed off the Undertaker in real life that Undertaker decided to take it out on him by throwing him threw a cage.

Even though WCW still felt like the major league, WWF was just too crazy and unpredictable to ever risk switching the channel to Nitro again.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread