Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I'm on a Grande Prairie facebook group that I enjoy trolling once in awhile. It's mostly full of drunk driving bigots posting pictures of people in normal cars and calling them FAGGOTS and complaining about DIRKA RAG HEADS.

So a few months ago an article came out in the states about this guy who pulled into a truck stop with his pickup, and as he went to get out a nude man from the bushes ran out and jumped into his vehicle and tried to sexually assault him. The driver jumped out, phoned the police. When the nude guy was arrested he claimed that the pickup owner had his tow mirrors out which was a signal that he wanted gay truckstop sex.

So now everyone posts pictures of pickups with tow mirrors around town. The "community" seems to be divided amongst coal rollers and people who make fun of coal rollers. Apparently I'm a "hater" who just can't afford to role coal.

PS I stole that headache rack/exhaust stack combo picture and posted it there, most people asked where to buy it and if it sounded as good as it looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

jonathan posted:

the pickup owner had his tow mirrors out which was a signal that he wanted gay truckstop sex.

Funny how that works. I always feel like some gay truck stop sex when I'm towing.

GrantC
Nov 1, 2011

Read the friggin rulebook before you build your "racecar", stupid ricer.
Well, our Aug. 26 event turned out to be double booked at the track... So some rich dudes paid thousands for an "experience" on the track we were trying to run an autox on... And Ryan Tuerck and Chris Forsberg were filming an episode of Tuerck'd on the skidpad about Rob Parson's hand controls drift car.

So, once we'd setup on the track, then torn down, then moved to the skidpad to watch the drifters who were "15 minutes from being done" all the way until sunset it was done...

So, in partial compensation, we got a full day from the track this Sunday Aug. 31.

jonathan posted:

If anyone gets pissy because you're promoting local grassroots racing events, they shouldn't be in AI.

http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID=92&BT=10&Ev=14574

"Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. We'll insist you're securely buckled up & not just on the edge of your seat."

GrantC fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 28, 2014

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

GrantC posted:

Well, our Aug. 26 event turned out to be double booked at the track... So some rich dudes paid thousands for an "experience" on the track we were trying to run an autox on... And Ryan Tuerck and Chris Forsberg were filming an episode of Tuerck'd on the skidpad about Rob Parson's hand controls drift car.

So, once we'd setup on the track, then torn down, then moved to the skidpad to watch the drifters who were "15 minutes from being done" all the way until sunset it was done...

So, in partial compensation, we got a full day from the track this Sunday Aug. 31.

http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID=92&BT=10&Ev=14574

"Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. We'll insist you're securely buckled up & not just on the edge of your seat."

working til 4pm on Sunday :( Really sucks that things didn't work out on Tuesday, it was the perfect evening for racing

Was also let down by the owner of that Jag F-Type R Coupe that showed up

"Please tell me you're racing that this evening"
"Ha, nope, maybe some day..."

THEN BUY THE loving CONVERTIBLE WITH THE V-6 THEN!!!!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
People showing up at race events with excellent race cars but refusing to put them on the track pisses me off unreasonably.

The worst, because he was genuinely a pretty decent and friendly guy, was the dude who showed up to a couple of events a couple of years ago in his brand-new BMW 6-series. He kept going up to people and saying

:haw: How much do you think that car cost me? *points at 6-er*
:) Uh, I dunno. Maybe $60K?
:haw: A HUNDRED BUCKS! Not a hundred-thousand, a hundred!
:) What?
:haw: I WON IT! One of those charity dinners my wife dragged me to!

Then he'd offer a million variations on the same tired-out excuse: "My wife would kill me if I damaged it by racing"
It's a loving race car. Race the drat thing.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can someone recommend a website that does an appraisal on what my vehicle is worth ? They seem to be more ameri-centric. Thinking of returning my jeep to stock and trying to sell it. The ones i've tried don't seem to ask for mileage at all. They claim my used jeep is worth 23,000. Haha I don't think so.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
VMRCanada is usually what I've used to peg a car's 'street value' but you need to tack on 5-10% for Alberta.

It also doesn't explain options very well.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://www.canadianblackbook.com/

can give you an idea too, but I would just look at kijiji asking prices as a rough guide line.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Awesome AI poo poo on paper, but it's 780tuners, so there's a little bit of ricey poo poo and a fairly high asking price

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?160720-1986-BMW-325e-2jzgte-swap

GrantC
Nov 1, 2011

SSS came up to Edmonton to shuttle some hard tops around, and to hack up the interior of his car in my driveway.

He seemed happy enough with the results...

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

GrantC posted:

SSS came up to Edmonton to shuttle some hard tops around, and to hack up the interior of his car in my driveway.

He seemed happy enough with the results...

Wow, that hard top looks great on the car. Good job you guys.

Switch: thanks again for coming over Friday night to help out. You're a total bro.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

GrantC posted:

ASA Autox on Tues the 26th?

-----

4 days without anyone saying anything??

Anywho...

Obligatory Ian Guliano pics. ;)

What size wheels are you using? You look like you have so much more clearance than I did before I lowered my car, but I can't tell if the picture if playing tricks on my mind or I'm just being used to mine being so low

ps: Suzuka bros :glomp:

GrantC
Nov 1, 2011

Nodoze posted:

What size wheels are you using? You look like you have so much more clearance than I did before I lowered my car, but I can't tell if the picture if playing tricks on my mind or I'm just being used to mine being so low

ps: Suzuka bros :glomp:

17x9 et62 wrapped in 255/40R17

It might be possible to fit more tire under the front of a stock fendered s2000, but I doubt it. (Also, I'm limited by the STR ruleset.)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

GrantC posted:

17x9 et62 wrapped in 255/40R17

It might be possible to fit more tire under the front of a stock fendered s2000, but I doubt it. (Also, I'm limited by the STR ruleset.)

Yeah I think that is about the max IIRC

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

This summer loving sucks :mad:

Typically down here you can count on late June, July, Aug, most of Sept to be 30+ and gorgeous. Instead, we're under frost warnings and it's snowing in the god drat foothills.

gently caress this lovely year.

aehiilrs
Apr 1, 2007
Just a reminder - it's time to get 2 new all seasons to put on the rear end end of your fwd car.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

aehiilrs posted:

Just a reminder - it's time to get 2 new all seasons to put on the rear end end of your fwd car.

I think you mean it's time to go to Tire Pirates to pick out two less-corded all seasons, which aren't the same brand or rolling diameter, to put on opposite corners of your brakeless fwd car with a cracked balljoint.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

aehiilrs posted:

I think you mean on the front for extra powerful snap oversteer

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Or if it's Canada the old snows on the front, bald all seasons on the back is also a popular recipe for disaster

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

There are evidently more than a few people following this advice, as I saw three accidents between my house and the gym this evening, which amounts to a grand total of 14 km of driving. I had absolutely no problem at all, in fact I couldn't even get the traction control light to come on at all in spite of trying more than a few times, and this is with a set of pretty aggressive summer tires and RWD.

Calgary fuckin' drivers, man...

aehiilrs
Apr 1, 2007

8ender posted:

I think you mean on the front for extra powerful snap oversteer

No, it's in the back because of the sandbags you put in the trunk for traction.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

It will be twenty degrees well into November.

Mark my words well, gentlemen.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Slung Blade posted:

It will be twenty degrees well into November.

Mark my words well, gentlemen.

I'll take that bet.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
No snow in SK yet, but I saw a Dinan badged X5 spin out yesterday in the rain. Wonder how bald those summers were. :haw:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Timmy Cruise posted:

No snow in SK yet, but I saw a Dinan badged X5 spin out yesterday in the rain. Wonder how bald those summers were. :haw:

But but but... he had superior BMW AWD!!! :confused:

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Bajaha posted:

But but but... he had superior BMW AWD!!! :confused:

It was also about 5c or some poo poo. AWD won't save you if your tires are hockey pucks.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Apparently there's been snow in parts of Saskatchewan, just not in Toontown or rhymes-with-fun.

\/\/\/ pretty much, yeah.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 10, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

Apparently there's been snow in parts of Saskatchewan, just not in Toontown or rhymes-with-fun.

so there's been snow in saskatchewan, but nobody was there to see it.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Timmy Cruise posted:

It was also about 5c or some poo poo. AWD won't save you if your tires are hockey pucks.

A think we're having a bit of a *whoosh* moment.

I want to poke fun at Alberta with their latest snow falls, but I don't want to tempt fate and have a foot of snow fall here in Manitoba by the weekend.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

No one from Calgary is posting today because a tree branch fell on their power lines, aerial phone drop, house, car, etc.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

neckbeard posted:

No one from Calgary is posting today because a tree branch fell on their power lines, aerial phone drop, house, car, etc.

The sun just came out in Airdrie. Every road is nice and dry now. Things are back to normal, and melting nicely.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They keep pushing he 20 degree weather further and further away in the forecast.

We're gonna be chasing it until march at this point.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

I mocked my cousins in Calgary and in-laws in Edmonton.

NE Ontario's going to get a blizzard by the weekend isn't it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Siochain posted:

I mocked my cousins in Calgary and in-laws in Edmonton.

NE Ontario's going to get a blizzard by the weekend isn't it?

Not this weekend, but i hope you weren't planning on leaving your house between november september and let's say....may.

edit:

quote:

"The vortex could slip at times, maybe even briefly in September for the Northeast," AccuWeather Lead Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok said. "There could be a significant shot of chilly air that comes across the Great Lakes region and into the interior Northeast sometime in mid- to late-September."

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Power was out at my place for almost six hours today according to Enmax; it just went on half an hour ago.

Powershift posted:

Not this weekend, but i hope you weren't planning on leaving your house between november september and let's say....may.

edit:

Heh, "AccuWeather".

Also who did you piss off to get that custom title?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some dude in the toytabaru thread who said 325hp in a mustang is too much for the street, and nobody needs anything more than 200hp.

I pissed him off AND got a wicked title out of it. win win.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

and WE'RE ALL ANGRY ABOUT IT
I hope to someday get somebody so flustered that they pay money to make me a redtitle with an obvious typo in it.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Oh I hadn't read that thread in a while, man things got stupid in there recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Learn to drive, calgary :argh: