Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Despite Costco restructuring their battery warranty, it is still excellent and unless you need something fancy, is the best option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

odiv posted:

How are you all doing by the way? Hopefully still employed?

Full steam ahead for me. Deemed operations critical so if the situation requires, I go in to the office. Otherwise it's working from home. lovely part is that the equipment I have available at home pales in comparison.

Rec centres are all shut down so those parking lots call my name at night...

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

I need to stretch the legs on the RX8, send me a list of what you need/want in your care package and I can have it sitting on your doorstep this weekend.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Happy Canada Day goons!

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Based on the amount of lightning (that a failed to get pictures of) dancing around in the clouds over my house last night, yeah this is probably the beginning of a good storm season for the province.

Which means fire season is going to suuuuuuck this year as well.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Currently, I think it's more likely to be the prison scene with Rorschach. It's the rest of the country that should be staying safe because you're now locked in with us.

I would like to offer my condolences for our provincial government.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Yeah I would like very much to do that cross province burger baron TM2TW.

Not an empty quote.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Where should I be looking for black Friday / Cyber Monday deals on clutches? TDot Performance has a 10% off coupon.

Unfortunately, even after that discount it's still more expensive than ordering an ACT from Togue Tuning out of Ontario.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

How's everyone's summer shaping up?

Any car shows?

There's a pretty large (at least it should be) Mazda Rotary car show at the Red Deer Regional Airport on August 13.

https://facebook.com/events/s/rotary-resurgence/2730567167252265/

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Old Balls McGee posted:

AI Chat:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a pretty decent auto body shop in Edmonton? North Side preferably. Looks like I'll have to get the front quarters changed and colour matched, as well as change the 11 yo windshield. A quick google suggests Cougar Paint and Collision but I don't know. A co-worker who used to do body work in Manitoba just said stay away from chains.

I've used Shoppers Auto Refinishers twice over the past 12 years and always had a great experience.

I also have heard nothing but good things about Cougar Paint and Collision. Never used them though.

Both are on the Yellowhead oddly enough.

Edit: If you're not the one paying for it and really want OCD levels of quality. Modern Autobody on the northwest end of Edmonton is excellent.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

This is the annual reminder that Canada is one year away from being able to legally import these:

Lambo V10 Wagons

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Nitro Rallycross is coming to Calgary February 4 & 5, 2023.

Weekend package tickets are $64. I just bought mine.

https://www.nitrorallycross.com/calgary

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Used fleet spec SuperCab F150's from 2015-2016 are $16-18k, so with the Toyota tax that's about right.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dark horse option is an online retailer I have used twice now with great success.

Black Circles

I have only purchased tires from them but they also offer complete wheel and tires packages with everything balanced.

Date codes on the tires on sale have both been 6 months at the absolute oldest.

Edit: Both times the tires have shown up at my door within 72 hours of hitting the purchase button.

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 1, 2023

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Remember how I mentioned blackcircles as a tire option?
I got to try and use their road hazard warranty today. There is a reason their prices are as low as they are. It's basically impossible to get any issue to qualify. If anything does, you're still out the price of a new tire and *maybe* they'll reimburse you within 90 days.
So fair warning. If any form of warranty is something you value, look elsewhere.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Someone in this province has exquisite taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Worth too much now. Ford probably sold more 2010s slab-side F150s to accountants in Alberta than they ever sold any 70s F-truck to Albertans period.

I've been saying for awhile now that a modern build-your-own-locost kit should start with sourcing parts from a domestic pickup truck, because we have more of those than anything.

It's true, the sheer amount of fleet spec atlas F150's leaving Alberta at auction is absolutely staggering.