Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Checking in with all you Calgary goons.

SO is looking at doing her Masters in the fall and one of the contenders is U of C (one year MSW program.) One of the options is for both of us to move out there but we're not familiar with the rental housing and job market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
We have a lot of cats so it'll be difficult finding a place as it is. Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa are contenders as well; there are some 2 bedroom apartments that aren't completely out of line in VN and TO. A lot of it depends on whether she gets into the military in time and what that entails. Then there's the fact that I'm planning on going back to school as well, right now all my work experience is in the automotive sector and I haven't done anything related to my BA at all.

It'd make sense for me to stay here in Winnipeg but I was recently laid off and it'd be nice to have a change of scenery.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What is it that you used to do?

Automotive electrical tech, something that I'm good at but would prefer not to continue doing :smith:

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 8, 2015

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

slidebite posted:

I drive by them daily and while they have some regular stuff, the also get some rare, low production/low mileage cars. They are not picking up cars like a Firehawk or a GT500 at auction, are they?

There's a dealer like that here, I think they have a matte black Murcielago right now. I always figured they were bringing them from auctions in the states.

It's been hazy as poo poo here the past couple of days from all the forest fires in Saskatchewan.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
The most Canadian car chase happened today

http://globalnews.ca/news/2120741/several-winnipeg-police-cars-damaged-by-truck/

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
GF and I will be driving to Vancouver for vacation in a couple of weeks. The itinerary is still up in the air but we'll be stopping at the Royal Tyrell Museum for sure (for the second time since the town was in a state of emergency the last time we came) and Lethbridge maybe (I want to pick up some sound deadener from BQuiet.)

Any recommendations for places to camp/things to see? Last time we bummed around Edmonton and camped at Dinosaur Provincial Park.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Thanks for the recommendations guys, we're going to look into everything and see what we can fit in :cool:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Or you can buy this turbo, manual Volvo wagon so it can stop taunting me:

http://m.kijiji.ca/cars-trucks/winnipeg/safetied-well-maintained-volvo/v?adId=1113472955&ck=CK&from=Search&ts=1446580968652

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Powershift posted:

The insight went for $1250. I really should have gone for it, but i was sick as hell and just wanted to go to sleep.

:( I was all ready to bombard you with hardcore nerd info. They can be affordable, Insightcentral always has a few for sale.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Jesus loving Christ, I'm watching the first episode and my blood pressure has never been this high.

TBI guy is not medically fit to drive, what the gently caress. The two anxious ladies just need some intensive driving lessons. Everyone else is literal human garbage.

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 30, 2016

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
The roads here are still getting cleared from the 18-33 cm of snow we got on boxing day, side street plowing only started last night.

I'm heading out to a friends cabin today and we're expecting another storm with 10-15 cm of snow. Owning a truck is starting to look more and more appealing :v:

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 29, 2016

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Stay safe Alberta goons :ohdear:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
A tragedy in three parts

How bad is going to get? We were supposed to get 40-80cm of snow last week but ended up with 25cm and an extra long Easter weekend. I'm relieved but also kind of mad we didn't end up with a snowpocalypse, I don't know what that says about me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
drat son, the fam and I will be in Calgary next week so hopefully the warm weather stays.