Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm not sure "real" poutine is worth dealing with quebecers for. It might be worthwhile during the grand prix because there would be enough out-of-towners that you wouldn't have to deal with many locals.

Michener allen collector car auction is next weekend, who's ready?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The edmonton pick-n-pull has pictures for a lot of vehicles on row52.com now.

I wish the calgary locations would get it together, i'm going to have to go scout out both yards some time this week.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Can you at least pull your trunk lid off?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Also, no talk of safety inspections or e-tests. We're not okay with that bullshit here.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tommychu posted:

Most of the BMWs I see around these days are driven in a sensible manner, I think those assholes all traded their 3's and 5's in for bro-trucks.
Dodge Journeys though. Christ just about every one of those things I see ends up pulling some kind of jackass move.

You say that, but as soon as i get in my bmw, i start driving like an rear end in a top hat.

It's the car influencing the driver, i swear.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 16, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

I'd make a BC AI thread but none of us can afford the rent on it.

Are chinese language threads even allowed on SA?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holy shitballs. If you drag a picture from kijiji into a minus.com tab, you can pick which images from the ad to upload.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Now all we need is a freezing rain warning and a severe wind warning and we have a full set.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

potato might be pushing it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

North of provost:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/good-car-for-cheap/1006683555?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$600 RWD v8 car in milk river. One of you southerners buy this.

edit: you're probably going to want to bring some nitrous with you. According to wikipedia, that's a 130hp 318 v8, would that even get a car moving?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Snap, monza town coupe.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/pink-1978-monza-4000-95000k-perfect-hobby-car/1007062946?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I want to buy one of these, rebrand it as a celica, and see how many import fans notice.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iv46vi posted:

You guys are starting to make me think that driving a cheap Miata year round in Edmonton might be a little harder than in Ontario.

Just put a whip flag on it so you don't get run over, and you'll be fine.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The same as it is on pavement, non-existant!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Frank Dillinger posted:

Studded tires are only really good on ice anyway, and they suck on the highway, IMO.

The worst part of them being legal is that you hear far too many cars clickety clacking down the street mid summer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

Man, it's gonna be hot this week.

Hot for this area, anyway.

You guys doing anything fun for august long? I'm going to see if I can trick my sister into working on my car with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3FGPCxKqM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The biggest problem with 1a is the god drat minivan full of people who slow down to gawk at things then speed up in the passing zones as if they're the only people in the god drat world.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is why we can't have nice things.

The biggest bits were maybe quarter sized, but they were hard and clear, and coming down fast. I can't see any dents in the vehicles right now, but they're still wet so they might not show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05G_HPetfi8

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The storm airdrie got would have written off most rangers like that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Summerinalberta.jpg

these are airdrie.

How long until they start handing out tickets for not shoveling.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 8, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

El Scotch posted:

Yeah, but the cost of living there restricts you to owning a Geo Metro. :saddowns:

That's not true, there are ton of audis and GTRs out there. All you have to do is get a job at your rich chinese parents business.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Coal roaling trucks don't last long. It doesn't take many blown $2000 turbos or $10,000 engines for guys to realize it's dumb.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Storms coming in from the east again, who's ready for more floods!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

Apparently there's been snow in parts of Saskatchewan, just not in Toontown or rhymes-with-fun.

so there's been snow in saskatchewan, but nobody was there to see it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They keep pushing he 20 degree weather further and further away in the forecast.

We're gonna be chasing it until march at this point.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Siochain posted:

I mocked my cousins in Calgary and in-laws in Edmonton.

NE Ontario's going to get a blizzard by the weekend isn't it?

Not this weekend, but i hope you weren't planning on leaving your house between november september and let's say....may.

edit:

quote:

"The vortex could slip at times, maybe even briefly in September for the Northeast," AccuWeather Lead Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok said. "There could be a significant shot of chilly air that comes across the Great Lakes region and into the interior Northeast sometime in mid- to late-September."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some dude in the toytabaru thread who said 325hp in a mustang is too much for the street, and nobody needs anything more than 200hp.

I pissed him off AND got a wicked title out of it. win win.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Learn to drive, calgary :argh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hell, even my 540 started up no problem in -40.

Although the drivers door would freeze open until you locked it, at which point the lock would freeze shut. Not sure if that's germanys fault or albertas.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

scraping windows? what are you talking about? it was 27 degrees today.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

holy shitballs it's hot.

SAVE ME, WINTER.

edit:

Siochain posted:

Well played, Alberta. Well played. Skip SK and MB and most of Ontario, then nail us.

http://www.northernnews.ca/2014/09/17/say-it-aint-snow-ontario-communities-get-blast-of-winter-in-final-days-of-summer

Its snowing outside right now - melting when it hits, but, gently caress. The place above is only a few hours away.

I'm not done with summer. I still want to get out in the boat :(

oh, hey, there, buddy. Didn't see you there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

whitecourt got that huge windstorm a few years ago, stripped a lot of land bare, took out a lot of houses. A lot of people were over-insured, and ended up building mansions to replace their trailers.

Like this guy

Maybe you should unbolt your roof, maybe attach a parachute to it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GrantC posted:

Well, our Aug. 26 event turned out to be double booked at the track... So some rich dudes paid thousands for an "experience" on the track we were trying to run an autox on... And Ryan Tuerck and Chris Forsberg were filming an episode of Tuerck'd on the skidpad about Rob Parson's hand controls drift car.

So, once we'd setup on the track, then torn down, then moved to the skidpad to watch the drifters who were "15 minutes from being done" all the way until sunset it was done...

So, in partial compensation, we got a full day from the track this Sunday Aug. 31.

http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID=92&BT=10&Ev=14574

"Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. We'll insist you're securely buckled up & not just on the edge of your seat."

The episode is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wd5YV97ftU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hey, how about that 18*c yesterday.

oh look, -26*c monday night.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

jonathan posted:

Hey hey compared to last week our jobs are more like vacations now!

Boo mud, Yay frozen mud!

Until they load you up with water then tell you to wait a few hours to unload

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

jonathan posted:

Can anyone tell me a good place to get a Bluetooth transponder for my odb2 port ? I want to run Torque or whatever on my ghetto dash mounted android tablet.

knowing local stores, they'd charge you $120 to order the $20 adapter off amazon for you.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I love how someone felt it was an important enough message that it had to get out to the people even though they couldn't air it because of the language.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

And you haven't even experienced the best part. The small wafting over from the oilfield waste disposal site less than 2km off main street. If you're in town, look northeast and you'll probably see the flare.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/red-deer/1997-honda-civic-hatchback/1035943322?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$250 civic! What's the worst that could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Well, it needs an OOP.

or a cage.