Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Albino Squirrel posted:

Are there any online tools to calculate the increase in premiums if you make a claim? I was in a minor fender-bender - my fault unfortunately - and I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to go through insurance. I can get a quote, but I don't particularly want to put my name down with an insurer given that I'm debating whether to make a claim or not.

I would probably go through insurance (drat expensive plastic bumpers), but it would be my second claim within two years.

ICBC would actually tell you and show you how much you would pay over time, vs paying for the claim yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Powershift posted:

You don't make poo poo tons of profit by telling people the cheaper way to do things.

Alberta's average car insurance rates are over double BCs.

ICBC used to be very bad, but it's improved a lot and having a one-stop shop for license, registration and insurance was super handy. I ended up signing up with AMA here, as it was getting silly running around getting this and that document done in 3 different places ('importing' a car from a difference province is difficult, you know...)

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I'm so glad I got underground parking. At work I'll fire up the car a couple of times during the day, but my seatbelt (Seatbelt!) was still frozen stiff when I got into today.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

My fuel economy has totally tanked in this weather.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Battery storage......but our Dear Leader says that batteries don't work?