Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I'm from Lethbridge and live in Montana now, and go there a lot. Looks like I'm going to be spending a few weeks up there to redo the basement in my grandparents house.

Slung Blade posted:

No seriously, anyone in Calgary know how to run brake lines? I'll grill burgers and we can have a fire and beer and stuff afterwards.

How soon you want to do that? Calgary meet? I'll be up there the weekend of the 3rd through I don't know when.

jamal fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Anything exciting going on in Lethbridge? Here for awhile staying with my grandparents and doing some work around the house.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

slidebite posted:

Uh, no. Wanna go get drunk?

e: Which end of town are you staying?
double e: Big town you know

North side, just off 13th st/9th ave. Will probably go get some drinks with my sister at some point this weekend. Went and saw xmen by myself tonight.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Might be out there in sept.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Have you guys gone and seen Guardians yet? You could (and should) see that instead of X-Mans.

I thought xmen was pretty decent, especially compared to the last few. Plus it was at the cheap theatre so it was like $10 with snacks. I would go see guardians.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

slidebite posted:

If I had money to burn I'd buy a chunk of highway frontage and put up a billboard on either the Crowsnest or Hwy 4 to the US border that says "ABORTIONS FOR ALL" just for the frothing at the mouth letters to the editor in the paper that would immediately follow.

That would be hilarious. I have to look at all those billboards every time I come there.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

A donair and a gyro are the same thing, right? In Missoula we have a ton of greek gyro places, and I get one on pretty much a weekly basis. I always think about trying that donair place in Lethbridge but it doesn't look very good.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

On the way to Lethbridge, anything exciting going on this weekend?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Maybe it was an Irish flag?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Would I get killed by a giant truck if I attempted a bicycle camping trip up that road from coleman?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Think I'm headed to Lethbridge Friday, then will be there a week or two. Sister's bday is next weekend plus I'm going to race bikes, then finish up some things in my grandparents' basement. So if anyone wants to hang out I'll be doing that plus drinking a good amount of beer and whiskey.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Anyone in Lethbridge want to go see mad max at 940 at movie mill tonight?

Also I think I'll go to the airshow.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I would recommend he keep all that in case he has a problem with the new parts or sells the car or something. Having to buy new oem suspension in a few months because he decides he doesn't like the ride would cost a lot more than $250.

jamal fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 25, 2015

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Mostly all from washington. Bad here too, I have pretty much not gone outside all week. Here's satellite imagery, you can go back to any day to see how it changes

http://1.usa.gov/1Enk5Ic

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

All the tvrs that old have probably crashed or burned to the ground.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

PS that is just a rebranded k&n that costs $100 more.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

The green bastard, from parts unknown?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Will be in Lethbridge next thurs-sun.

Also willing to bring up small items/car parts.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Take a wheel off and use an idling car on jackstands.

jamal fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 19, 2016

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

You should probably have someone climb in there to test it.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Think the flir one for iphone is around that much. I was just thinking about how something like that would be useful for building a van when you are doing the insulation. Which is something i want to do.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Just happen to have the bilstein catalog open. Bilstein B12 kits are like 800us, maybe a bit less. Over 500 but gets you the B8 shocks and either eibach prokit or sportline springs to go with them. Will be in Lethbridge for xmas which could be a good way to avoid some shipping charges and extra fees...

They are special order from my distributor though, I would have to check on Monday to make sure they'd get here in time.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

B4 is basically an oem replacement. The b6/ b8 are the way to go. B8 is designed for lowering so in some applications might be a slightly different length and/or have valving changes, but as far as i know they're pretty much the same.

Powershift posted:

It might be reputation damaging if he's ever seen handling ebay coilovers though.

My constant internal struggle. I could sell that kind of stuff, and make money doing it, but i don't want to. Currently in the process of rebuilding my website, it has racecomp engineering and bilstein so far. Will probably have JRZs on there, some kw, maybe ast. I don't even like the ohlins dfv that much. Distributor dropped koni so i don't have a good way to get those, and then there's tein, cusco, hks, but i don't like most of their stuff. Tein hg, group n, cusco zero 3r are pretty good but expensive and special order.

One of these days I'll build some lower brackets for the bilstein universal rally struts, but that's going to be like 3-4k for a full setup.

jamal fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 11, 2016

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Hey Pincher Creek is a great place to get a breakfast sandwich and coffee on the way to Castle.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

slidebite posted:

Well that's not gone well

Wind blowing over some train cars.

That the bridge up by monarch?

And there's a grass fire in lethbridge right now too.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Or regular nuts, bolts, and washers. I'd probably want a locking nut of some sort.

jamal fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 15, 2018

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Stick to steel. I have a pretty good selection and drive to ab on a fairly regular basis btw.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah i was feeling the smoke after my ride today. Camping at chinook lake at crowsnest pass and doing some mountain biking. Took a swim and am drinking in front of a fire.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

slidebite posted:

Strenuous exercise in the smoke sucks. It's actually not that bad down here but didn't want to open the windows last night :(

I'm a little surprised you can have campfires still, would have thought firebans would have been in place but drinking and eating by the fire is the best part of camping so glad you could!

Yeah went out today in the heat for like 4 hours, it was rough at the end when I ran out of water, but luckily it was mostly downhill at that point. Felt much better after a gatorade and slurpee and lunch.

Also surprised by the lack of a fire ban. I watched a helicopter dump a bucket on a grass fire next to the highway today. Although up in the forest everything if still pretty green.

Headed back to lethbridge tomorrow so I'd better drink the rest of this beer and burn the rest of the firewood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

We were driving back from Lethbridge that day, but a little farther out to I-15, so a bit less windy than right against the mountains. A gust of something like 104mph was recorded in the east glacier/browning area.