Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
The answer is always to buy soft 8's in the proper size. This has an forever will be the truth as ordained by bishop cragar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

The prices just never came down in Ontario. It's like an alternate universe where the oil crisis never happened

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

The old dudes marking parts would cause an HR problem every couple of weeks when I worked there but gently caress they'd pay for their own shift in the first hour they were in there most days. There were cashiers there that had trouble telling if a transmission had a torque converter on it or if they were ringing up a throttle body or a carb, I can only imagine the cash flying out the door now that the old guys are gone.

Our local country auto wreckers was amazing, because on a Saturday just before close at noon, the counter dudes would be almost too drunk to speak, and everything was "twenny bucks". Fist full of expensive sensors, couple of car doors, turbos, whatever, it's a twenny.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

ExecuDork posted:

Where are you? I can't find a wrecker in / near Kitchener/Waterloo that's even open on goddam SATURDAYS, never mind prices.

Woodstock auto wreckers is unfortunately gone now. When metal got expensive they cashed out. Pic' n Save is on highway 2 near Woodstock, although I haven't visited them yet. Cathcart is good but they're not a self serve operation. Otherwise the River Rd area in London has a bounty of about 5-6 decent yards in one place.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Scrap heap challenge taught me that the window motors out of a 80's Chrysler can are exceptionally strong

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

beep-beep car is go posted:

Okay, so there are officially too many of us to move up to Canada. Do you guys want the Northeast?

You stay down there and fix your mess mister :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

So what's the excusereason gas needed to jump ten cents a liter this time?

It never dropped below 90 cents in Ontario in the last two years no matter the price of oil. Most of the time it was around $1.10-1.40