Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Funny, I was just browsing around the Calgary Public Library's online collection of digitised maps of Calgary and Alberta...it's pretty incredible how much this city has grown over the last 100 years, almost as much as just how much stuff was built up even a hundred years ago. Like, the city limits in 1920 were pretty much right down to Heritage Drive already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

slidebite posted:

I don't remember the specifics of why it was actually not pursued, but I do remember it was the first time I came across "professional protesters." I lived in GP at the time and there was an anti-nuclear power rally downtown and no poo poo, most of the cars parked around it had out of province plates. I remember thinking WTF is going on and then it dawned on me.

In other news, heard on the radio that Environment Canada has issued the seasonal forecast and Lethbridge and area is expected to have several days this summer of temps approaching 40C. :supaburn:

Luckily, there is nothing left of Waterton to burn :(

The idea of the reactor died when oil prices crashed in 08-09. Well that, and also because there is no leadership in business in this province.

And yeah, it looks like we're in for a carbon copy of last summer, but potentially even hotter and drier.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Yes, hopefully I will be free this time!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I'm good for Wednesday only this week it looks like.

I'm also down for whatever we come up with, but if you want a suggestion, I'm kind of craving Mexican lately, so I'd say Anejo.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 27, 2018

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Yeah I should be down provisionally, unless werk has other ideas for me. Not many places around where you're staying, though...Moxie's (ugh) and The Shark Club are about all that's close.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Wednesday is good for me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

64fanatic posted:

I got rid of my Celica, got a mint RWD '94 Silverado. Not good for winter, so looking for a winter beater, especially with this salt spray drama in Edmonton.

What should I be getting for winter? Preferably something that doesn't look like depression on wheels under 7k that won't break constantly like my '01 Celica GTS did. I looked at a '11 Chevy Impala for $6500 and felt worse just by being in it's presence. Wouldn't mind a bigger engine as I just drive 15min of highway back and forth on work days. Don't really care, can be 4 or 6 cyl too. Nissan FWD V8's reliable? I see a few for sale.

You should release me from the eternal pain and suffering buy my E46.