Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Spanish Manlove posted:

Anybody have that pic from a few years ago during a clasico where ronaldo is standing in the middle of the field arms akimbo while play goes on? I think someone called it "Where's Ronaldo?"
i love that pic so much and it's somewhere on my computer, but if anyone can find it in the meantime i'd love that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Spanish Manlove posted:

Anybody have that pic from a few years ago during a clasico where ronaldo is standing in the middle of the field arms akimbo while play goes on? I think someone called it "Where's Ronaldo?"
Are you serious

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

cronaldoelclasico.jpg

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i found this in my search

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tzen posted:

Are you serious

Yes, it wasn't showing up in google all I found was pics of him at the costa del sol.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Spanish Manlove posted:

I found it via Ronaldo Teapot :v: Seriously you could have tried harder.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

i found this in my search

welcome to portland

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

GD, as new mod of TRP could you make this the av for any/all barca fans?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Karl Sharks posted:

GD, as new mod of TRP could you make this the av for any/all barca fans?

lol, I want to but it would be mean. Maybe a new insane plastic will show up and really deserve it. We can hope.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Gigi Galli posted:

lol, I want to but it would be mean. Maybe a new insane plastic will show up and really deserve it. We can hope.

They don't get more insane than Lladre.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

XBenedict posted:

I do love a good skyline background at a stadium.

We don't have skyline but we do have a bridge

Fluo
May 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhvfWm_jJcc
:nws:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
BMO Field may be home to a terrible football team but it does have a nice view.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Can't find any view from within the stadium in the day time photos but have this.

But being an old style stadium / enclosed you only get a nice view from one side. But really, who the gently caress cares you're there to watch football you don't care whats outside the stadium. If you're looking at the skyline you're doing it wrong. :v:

Fluo fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 16, 2014

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
i can't find a photo, but if you're sitting in the upper findus at Blundell Park you can watch the ships go by on the River Humber.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Lamont Cranston posted:

We don't have skyline but we do have a bridge

Do you often find balls in the river?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I like this: http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2014/jul/16/the-illustrated-world-cup-2014

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Lmao, the chicken at the end.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Could anything ever top Munich sandwich?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Speaking of that, here's the old OP to preserve some of the best throughout the two years that bad boy was open:

Time for the new season!

gazza.txt posted:

1) One hour after playing for England, met 'showbiz pals' Danny Baker and Chris Evans in a Hampstead pub while still wearing his full kit... boots included.
2) When asked for his nationality before an operation, told the nurse: "Church Of England."
3) On a trip to London, jumped out of his car to demand "a go" on a workman's pneumatic drill. After getting the go-ahead, happily pounded the pavement to the amusement of shoppers.
4) On first meeting with Lazio's president to discuss his big-money move to the Italian club, was quick to tell the esteemed gentleman that he reminded him of Bud Abbot.
5) Organisers of Italia 90 TV coverage had the splendid idea of augmenting team line-ups with film of each player mouthing his own name. Gascoigne's genius led him to subvert the process by, instead, mouthing 'F***ing W***ker'. The BBC had to use it all the way through the tournament.
6) Booked a series of sun-bed sessions for then-Newcastle team-mate Tony Cunningham. Who, of course, is black.
7) Asked by a Norwegian camera crew if he had a message for England's upcoming opponents, immediately responded with, "Yes. F**k off Norway." Then ran off laughing.
8) Turned up for England training the morning after then-manager Bobby Robson had called him "daft as a brush" with a floor brush sticking out of his sock.
9) When asked for a footballing comment while at Lazio, burped enthusiastically into a TV microphone. He was fined £39,000.
10) Decided it would be a great idea to have massive hair extensions. Looked a fool and had them taken out a day later.
11) After paying for ex-wife Sheryl's breasts implants, sent flowers to the hospital after the operation addressed to 'Dolly Parton'.
12) Astounded commuters in London by jumping on a double-decker in London's Piccadilly Circus and asking if he could have a drive. The bus driver said yes, and the passengers thoroughly enjoyed Gazza's impromptu performance.
13) Sent a rose to the Wimbledon dressing room for Vinnie Jones after the infamous ball-squeezing incident. Got a toilet brush in return.
14) Set up best mate Jimmy 'Five Bellies' Gardner with a 'girl' he knew to be a transvestite.
15) Has taken the piss out of refs constantly during his career. On one occasion he sniffed a hapless ref's armpit while he was holding his hand high to signal a free kick.
16) Undeterred by their frosty reactions, Gazza again tried to prove that refs have a sense of humour by yellow-carding the referee after the official had dropped his card during a Rangers v Hibs game. He was booked for his troubles.
17) While attempting to deflect the 'kebab controversy' which spelled the beginning of the end of his England career, assured reporters that his doner-munching antics following Middlesbrough's promotion to the Premiership would in no way affect his fitness before France 98. One reporter asked: "What do you feel like now?" Back came the inevitable response: "I feel like a kebab with onions."
18) As an apprentice desperate to impress then-Newcastle boss Jack Charlton, spent a week's money on fishing gear and begged the famous angler to give him a lesson. On arrival at the riverbank, Charlton promptly threw all but the rod out into the briny, then poured a bottle of Newcastle Brown into the water, dipped in the rod and within seconds was pulling out a whopper. Lesson over.
19) As 'perk' of boot-cleaning duties during his apprenticeship, took Kevin Keegan's Golas home to show his mates. But left them on the Newcastle Underground.
20) When playing for England against Belgium in Italia 90, ridiculed Enzo Scifo as he lay on the ground clutching his leg. Gazza thought he was play-acting, so did a mime of his own which involved hopping on one leg with his tongue lolling out.
21) His attempt to jet off to Libya with Middlesbrough for a post-season tour was hampered by the fact he'd left his passport at home. An emotional Gazza wept at the check-in desk until a minion was despatched to bring it to the airport.
22) Celebrated his new-found hero status after flying home from Italia 90 by wearing a huge pair of fake plastic boobs and stomach bearing the legend 'Gazza'.
23) On meeting the president of Denmark's FA, pretended he could speak Danish. When invited to demonstrate, imitated The Muppet Show's Swedish Chef.
24) Conned Five Bellies into eating a mince pie after he'd scraped out the filling and replaced it with cat excrement.
25) Walked into the Middlesbrough canteen wearing nothing but his training socks and ordered lunch.
26) Paid £320 for a Mars Bar in a newsagents in his home town of Dunston, then told the shop owner to spend the change on sweets for local kids.
27) Whilst dining in the prestigious Bedford Arms Hotel in Woburn with a few of his Geordie mates, decided to place his erect member on the shoulder of a diner at the next table. Thinking someone had tapped him on the shoulder the gentleman turned his head only to have Gazza's helmet prod him in the cheek.
28) Took a documentary team to a beautiful Scottish cottage which he informed them was his new place, pretended he'd forgotten his key and knocked instead. When the door opened, told the befuddled housewife inside that he was doing a telly advert and wanted to know if she preferred Daz or Omo.
29) Crashed Middlesbrough's team bus at the club's training ground and caused £310,000 worth of damage.
30) While at Rangers, urinated over sleeping team-mate Richard Gough.
31) Handed £1000 over to Jimmy Five Bellies after betting that the burly boozer couldn't withstand a cigarette lighter's heat on the bridge of his nose for five seconds. Jimmy could. Twice.
32) After briefly giving up drinking, was advised to find a new interest. Picked bingo.
33) Bought a £1000 robot and programmed it to travel into Jimmy Five Bellies' room at Gazza Towers and announce: "Make a cup of tea, fat man."
34) Stuck his tongue out when the TV cameras panned past him during the national anthem at Italia 90.
35) Prepared for England matches during that hugely important tournament by playing marathon games of tennis in the scorching midday sun.
36) Thought it would be appropriate to wear a blue fright wig before the 1991 FA Cup Final.
37) In his time, has agreed to dress as a Roman centurion, a clown, Oliver Hardy and Braveheart for 'photo opportunities'.
38) While his Italia 90 team-mate was the hero of Hillsborough, marched into a Sheffield barbers and demanded "a Waddle cut".
39) When Gazza signed for Spurs in 1988, he came down to finalise the deal with a bunch of his Geordie mates. They took over the posh hotel in Hadley Wood where Spurs were footing the bill and wreaked havoc. Gazza met then-chairman Irving Scholar and began talks by saying, "We'd like to thank you for the best three days of our lives."
40) Asked to leave West Lodge Park Hotel in London after guests were treated to the sight of a naked Five Bellies swimming across the duck pond.
41) On his first night in Rome after signing for Lazio, gave his minder the slip, put his shoes by an open window and hid in a cupboard. The minder thought he'd committed suicide.
42) Recorded a video message for a corporate party and signed off with a cheery "Happy Christmas, you f***ing w***ers".
43) Greeted reporters in Rome by standing up, asking for silence, then farting at ear-splitting volume.
44) Told an interviewer that he was so superstitious about the number 13 that he couldn't ever bear to see the numbers 4 and 9 together. Oddly, the combination of 5 and 8 was deemed OK. 45) Shredded England team-mate Dennis Wise's Armani suit "for a laugh".
46) While staying at a Scottish hotel, drove across its golf course in his four-wheel drive Jeep.
47) While reputation preceded him in Italy, the English language did not. Hence, his Lazio debut was marked by a banner which read: 'Gazza's Boys, We Are Here. Shake Your Women And Drink Your Beer'.
48) Conversely, rival Italian supporters once hailed him with a banner which stated bluntly: 'Paul Gazza, You Are Fat Poofta'.
49) After being sent off while playing for Lazio, shook hands with virtually every member of the Genoa side.
50) While staying in a New Zealand hotel, was told there was no bacon form breakfast. Replied, "What, all the sheep in this country and there's no bloody bacon!"

Laserpig posted:

Rooney looked super inform tonight vs Bayer Leverkusen, he is still world class.

You can see the spring in his step now that he's back in his natural striker position, after being played as an attacking midfielder for the majority of last season... he's back to his old self, Rooney will be a force this season along with RVP and the rest of the team - United will be at the top of the prem with a couple of points to spare by November and Rooney will be the main reason for it.

We've been in more Champions League finals than any other team in the past 15 competitions, we've been in 4 finals, and we've won 2 of them... we've finished top of our group in 6 of our past 7 competitions and we'll finish top of this one too.

Of course - United being the team everybody loves to hate and under-rate (despite our evident success)... nobody is going to want to admit it, but you're going to see another Manchester United final in the 13/14 Champions League, Moyes is hungry, RVP is hungry, Rooney is hungry, what's for dinner? Munich sandwich?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Honj Steak posted:

Nah there's actually a fair bit of space behind though I did once watch a group of guys playing keepy-uppy out back come extremely close

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

holy poo poo lmao

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Never gets old

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Honj Steak posted:

Just bodies. It looks pretty but the city they built the stadium in is pretty much a DMZ.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

This didn't get enough love at the end of the last thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxWGwGXyCEM

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Lazlow posted:

Not that impressive, he had all the time and space in the world.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Lazlow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7wFuK-wbs#t=108

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I just want to remind you all why you should hate Messi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQiMPMk3hU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If anyone has pretty much any gif with footballers faced photoshopped on top that they could post it would own

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

If anyone has pretty much any gif with footballers faced photoshopped on top that they could post it would own

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
This is a famous football pitch in Estonia. There is a large tree in the middle of it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Wasn't there one of Jozy as the drum guy from Get Him To The Greek? I was trying to find that one and couldn't.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Gerrard would look so much better with that hair.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcIGQDY0Z_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLf8Y4ZDiT8

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Not that impressive, he had all the time and space in the world.

It's not, I just loved how casual he was and how little fucks were given.

Purno
Aug 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I liked the Brazil one so if anyone is looking for an avatar: