Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Seems like a nice reggeton song to me good job Jese

It's no Fog on the Tyne though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vegetable posted:

i wouldn't gently caress any of them

Not even Pep?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don't understand, why doesn't he just shave it all off?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

opus111 posted:

Are you not balding? You would understand if so.

Sorry mate, I have luxurious and beautiful hair.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Was this at Burning Man or something? I'll bet no one even recognized him if so

It's the new Mad Max.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

Today is Francesco Totti's 40th birthday, so let's celebrate with this video that shows goals he's scored in all 23 seasons he's played for Roma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJhiVJN404s

The one from 2014-15 is a thing of beauty.

https://youtu.be/GJhiVJN404s?t=3m15s

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I love how apologetic he is. What a good lad.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm sure Campos scored a few like that in his day.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Soulex posted:

I don't understand what they are saying.

Even the black one? I thought he'd at least be understandable, seeing as how he repeated everything he said.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Incredibly entertaining - but is this all NZ premier league stuff? There's such a bizarre mix of stadiums. From non league "fence post separating the fans from the pitch" fields, to soviet architecture, to some pretty nice Championship stadiums.

The majority of the fixtures take place on the smaller "fence post separating fans from the pitch" grounds, and once in a while they play in empty rugby union grounds like QBE Stadium, Forsyth-Barr Stadium, Trafalgar Park, Westpac Stadium and Waikato Stadium which get far more regular use (and better crowds) in Super Rugby or the Mitre 10 Cup.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 28, 2016

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Us Kiwis are as poo poo at football as we are good at rugby.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

There was a little man, there was a little man in his hair! He had a Subbuteo player in his hair! I got distracted!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It took them a year to come up with that?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hang it up in the Louvre.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

idgi

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

Steven Gerrard slipped

I thought it was something about Redknapp, and I didn't even realise that was Gerrard due to the lovely low-res quality of the video.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wait, is Oxlade-Chamberlain limping after that tanty?

Also, I can't wait to see the inevitable Arsenal Fan TV meltdown.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, awesome, guy who's rendered largely immobile because of a torn hamstring, stuck on the pitch because all other substitutes have been used.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What a muppet.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

"Old firm" was changed to "Derby" is all I can see. :laffo:, apparently.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Does Celtic also subscribe to the "Rangers no longer exist," narrative or is there something else to the term "Old Firm" that I don't know about?

Your guess is as good as mine, mate.1

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 12, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Does anyone here subscribe to uMAXit Football on youtube? They're worth subscribing to, specifically for their Whiteboard Football series. Here are their playlists:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYYNGmyhZ_kwBF_lqqXdAQ/playlists

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

I lasted ten seconds then I burned my eyes and ears off.

Turn on your monitor.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Looks like an outfield player covering in goal as well, judging from his shirt.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I find that kind of poo poo infuriating. It's probably because I live in a country where rugby union is the dominant code, but gently caress me, there should be instant red cards handed out for that kind of thing.

Here's how a referee in rugby would deal with a player swearing at him. It's about a minute into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x7sSz_Vsi8

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

dex_sda posted:

My mistake, it was 11 weeks complete ban from comptetitive rugby. He missed the six nations for calling the ref a cheat in the premiership final.

You can imagine why rugby refs get respect.

Also routine in rugby: half-year or longer bans for eye gouging, sin binning for talking to the ref if you aren't a team captain, post-game citations and suspensions for diving etc.

He missed the 2013 British and Irish Lions tour to Australia, for which he'd already been named in the squad.

The "binning non-captains for talking to the ref" isn't really enforced though, as players often talk to the referee like requesting clarification for penalties, etc.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I've always loved this effort by Dragan Stojkovic for Yugoslavia against Spain at the 1990 World Cup.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I wonder how things would have turned out if his family had accepted the academy offer from Inter Milan.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Looks like a Sky TV remote. Is it a thing in Italy?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Soulex posted:

It's like getting that dude from House and Paul Scholes to make an all-Brit tv station and advertising it in the US.

Kal Penn?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Weavered posted:

They're some scary loving eyes right there

Who needs Zidane when you've got this guy?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I mean, you got to start somewhere. But when you don't have any history, start off with banners and statements like "this club is pretty cool and I think I like it. I may devote more time to rooting for them" before going all hyperbolic.

Get some freaking time under your belt. That's my only complaint.

That's just it isn't it? Everything about American football just reeks of being manufactured and appropriated, like they want the tradition without the history behind it. Like seeing those Yank fan clubs calling themselves "ultras." Ugh, gently caress off.

If you want to experience true second-hand embarrassment, google Robby Branom.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Whenever someone says appropriated I know they're a massive whiner

Yeah, almost as much as those who whine about others using such terms.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Stop appropriating his rage.

Hey, you're being a massive whiner.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Am I correct in assuming that was a straight red?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

oliwan posted:

Ah yes, german humour

It's OK to find Borussia Monchengladbach to be amusing every so often.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

nervana posted:

can somebody explain this photo?

1994 World Cup final, just when Baggio sent his penalty attempt into orbit, costing a gutsy Italian side the trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Lol, someone is going to get demoted.

Edit: Upon second viewing the referee should be stripped of his badges.

Ref's been suspended, and the second yellow that Diego Carlos received will be rescinded, if it hasn't already. The referee ran into Carlos' line, which caused the collision to begin with.