Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/adidasUK/status/1286033769586135040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I love an immaculately controlled ball. Someone post the Ronaldinho one

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I would love to see big Troy at Leeds just gobbling up Pablo through balls every game

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm always quite ashamed of the fact that I laughed when Ian Wright left the BBC because he said he was fed up of being told to be a comedy jester instead of a proper pundit with thoughts and views, thinking 'yeah of course you are Ian, remember when you said that anyone who turned down an England cap should be forced to apologise to a soldier'. And then it turned out he was right all along and he's actually really good

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I feel like giant comedy shorts that come up to your chest and still don't show any of your legs are ready for a comeback

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Of all the soccer saturday bods Le Tiss was the last one I expected to go full police state. I was so sure it would be Merson

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

Another angle on that ridiculous goal

That telly is on the floor and no one can convince me otherwise

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
phwoar :eyepop:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

XBenedict posted:

Before there was a "Premier League".

How can he have been playing football before football was invented, check your facts m8

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
MotD is post watershed and yet nobody's ever taken the chance to tell Shearer to just gently caress off and then beep it on the sunday morning repeat

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I found my 2nd favourite cup final song of all time, Sheffield Wednesday's effort for the '91 league cup final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NmXqBbMsy8

If you don't listen to the whole thing (you absolutely should) please at least get to the picture of 90s Trevor Francis they use to show him looking 'good as new'

also lol

quote:

The broadcast of this League Cup final caused controversy in Yorkshire, where instead of showing the post-match celebrations (as London Weekend Television did), Yorkshire Television decided to cut the broadcast short to show a programme titled War of the Monster Trucks. People from Sheffield often cite this event as a demonstration of the station's bias towards West Yorkshire, Leeds and above all Leeds United.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

that reverse view :eyepop:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My fave goal is a curled effort from the edge of the box that seems to hang in the air for ages then pings in off the postage stamp at the far post and goes to the opposite side of the goal

There's one such goal on premier league years and I can never remember who it is or when it was, very frustrating

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bundy posted:

Less media saturation helped I am sure. You were guaranteed some form of moment of own on MOTD usually each week and it'd be the first time most of us saw it. Our Youtube goal compilations were VHSed goal of the month comps.

patiently waiting for my dad to die so I can inherit his grainy Gazzetta Football Italia tapes

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no sport offers a spectacle quite as satisfying has a a clever-dick penalty going wrong.

I'm quite partial to the meticulous training ground free kick with 4 guys standing over the ball but they've forgotten whos doing a dummy run and who's actually supposed to kick it. Alternatively someone giving it the big Cristiano power stance and then hoofing it at the corner flag

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Who was the last goalie to wear a flat cap? Yashin? I remember Chris Kirkland experimenting with a baseball cap for a bit but I feel like clubs are missing a chance for extra sponsorship space by not making a big wooly cap standard issue

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
There are two types of footballer autobiographies: you can have some variant of What A Balls-Up!, perhaps with the player in question superimposed onto a joker card

Or you can have a black and white closeup of their face and it's called Tackling My Demons if they don't have funny stories about sharing a room with Paul Merson

Glad to see Kerzhakov try something a bit different

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
94th minute as well, just outstanding behaviour

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lol. Only say nice things about our poo poo bottler club or you can't be our official paint partner. Would never get this with *checks Leeds sponsors* President Energy

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Christ he's looking rough

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
:eyepop:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSportsman/status/1402185364832403461

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can't believe Andy Cole stole my predictions

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

There is no amount of money you could pay me to click on this video

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Oz14WVOOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jose posted:

One of the people featured even won the fa cup lol

https://twitter.com/sid_lambert/status/1415197003945062401?s=19

Rough times for nick Hancock when Simon Weston is looking in better health than you

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
He's an extremely good lad and the Evertonians I know are pleased that he's in charge. Moshiri seems to have no problem just throwing money at his managers so can't wait to see what Rafa can do with a bit of cash to spend, and that's only partially because I want to see some Riera/El Zhar/Dossena level comedy signings

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1415420745719681025?s=20

I know he's been stitched up by an unflattering camera angle etc but lol.

Reminds me of big sol turning up for preseason with Newcastle and saying that his massive gut was because of the kit material

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/90sfootball/status/1420066452514631684?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
President kagame go on AFTV

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The square ball podcast is excellent but I cant imagine anyone who isn't a leeds fan tuning in

If having a real job doesn't work out my backup plan is to wear an arsenal shirt and shout about how aubameyang and lacazette auba and laca are top top players disrespected by the pro man u and liverpool media

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Tzen posted:

lol came to post this, all those puma kits are so awful

christmas present from an absentee dad except these also cost 90 quid and aren't from the market stall

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
For real though imagine being the kid who asked for a footy shirt for Christmas and has to go to school wearing one of those. Even a soccertriads special with the sleeves hanging off would be better

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I love a momentos sublimes del futbol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is that a shopped in John Terry in the bottom left

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Please respect the mods. They have a tough job. The mods in the rugby threads all get called sir and the posters accept their probes and get on with it. Wouldn't that be refreshing. Like and share if you agree

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The arsenal crisis is over now, please update crisis_clubs.xls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Lol