Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Troy Queef posted:

speaking of that somebody needs to dredge up the triangles post so we can save it for posterity/easy access in the future

Can't seem to find the original, but here you go:

quote:

Let me share some unique Barcelona soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Barcelona matches are boring and hate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

It's for the people who wash and place the clothes.

Why don't they just take a marker and put their initials on the tags? No wonder football culture is so wasteful, they're just slapping initials onto anything they can.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

mackintosh posted:

those pants are half way down his arse

He wears them that way so he's ready to father more children at any moment.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Vegetable posted:

He was a real class act to the very end.

It was awkward that he was captain, yet couldn't nail down a starting position, but never a bad word from him the entire time. Gonna miss him, hope he does well at Barca (but Barca as a whole continue to be poo poo).

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Liverpool players threw Smilin' Glen Johnson a birthday party.

They were waiting for Suarez to leave before pulling this off.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

I was in London last weekend, so being an American tourist I naturally took a tour of the Emirates.

The stadium looks massive from the inside when watching matches on TV or even looking at pictures, but I was really surprised how small it actually felt inside. Definitely didn't seem like it could fit 60,000 people. Anyway, it was really cool to see the different facilities there, the dressing rooms, directors box, and the media areas. It put a lot in perspective.

And because I'm a massive plastic I also journeyed up to Leicester to watch Arsenal actually play Leicester.

That was the only picture I took because I was too busy watching the match otherwise, but you know how it all turned out. My seat was right across the steps from the most raucous home supporters and it was crazy how tense the entire situation was between both sets of supporters that I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like for the big derby matches elsewhere in Europe; American sports are downright tame. When Leicester equalized the entire stand just began shaking from them all jumping up and down. At the end of the match the Leicester supporters, however mockingly, joined us in chanting "Buy a loving striker" so I guess Wenger got the message :shrug:

It was a really fun experience all things considered and I really want to catch a match at the Emirates now.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

peanut- posted:

He's such a little poo poo

The most impressive part is that he gets airborne twice during the roll.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

El Hefe posted:

I cannot believe Cristiano is out there fornicating instead of waiting for marriage like a good Christian boy.

Terrible example he's setting for his son.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

"I've made a huge mistake."

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Instant karma

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

First the World Cup semifinal and now this; how does Dante still have a job? Not trying to detract from Lewandowski's glory, because that was amazing, but the "defending" by Wolfsburg was downright laughable.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Serves the oval office right.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Good eye contact, strong grip, top top handshake.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

quiet enjoyment posted:

https://youtu.be/QXjphdm-pqY

Arsenal stars playing a billiard/football hybrid.

I love that BFG.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

PirateBob posted:

To be fair he was actually hurt, but still lol

I'm surprised Mascherano didn't pull a Busquets there while Chambo was pulling a Neymar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Chas McGill posted:

Kameni is a good goalkeeper and this wasn't his fault.

I don't understand what he's even trying to do there...

The keeper playing futsal was going to pick up the ball, decided against it because it might be a backpass, and then failed to just step on it so it went into the goal.