Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Thank god Jozy has finally gone on a diet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Meanwhile, in the real world

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

https://youtu.be/3Dnx16-tEF4

This is fascinating. Is it just the confusion of them all running out at once that makes the ref thinks they're offside?
I don't think any of those were offside with todays offside rule. The old offside didn't take account being involved in play.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
What's even more impressive is that Ibra has been a starter at the best clubs in Europe for over a decade. That's an incredible stat.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Sure that's not wind assisted?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Those chips look awful. Greasy with no crunch. Just the worst.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Wenger Knew

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Haha, nailed it. That helpless steward.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I like that the guy pulling the face is the only other topless guy.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Jose posted:

i'd love to know just how much it was to do that considering his already ridiculous wage
Depends if Ronaldo is the face of a whole campaign or is just in that one advert.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Wow that poor number 12, nutmegged twice in about 5 seconds.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The keeper ducked that. Obvious match fixing.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Insane how Kolasinac doesn't even react to being jabbed at by a knife that big.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

sassassin posted:

I definitely get it but I think it would be funny if someone explained it to all the lame people who don't haha
Juande Ramos

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I swear Italy is trolling every time they attempt (?) some form of anti-racism.

Just stay away from the problematic imagery and words....

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Fully sick

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Love the 4th official getting the full Mourinho and backing off quick time from the virtual manager cage

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Watched that pen a few times and don't understand what that little gazelle leap is supposed to accomplish. Goalie just has to stand up until the taker kicks it and then has a great chance to save because the kick will be weak.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It's only 4 minutes into the game ffs!

It's hilarious he clearly has a routine with his bench to block the cameras

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Definitely buying this shirt. It will look like poo poo on TV but up close I reckon it's decent. And it's weird, which is nice.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'll never see Pickford in any other light again

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Bundy posted:

BBC denied him a spot on Sports Personality of the Year shortlist because he does not meet "sporting achievements" criteria
SPOTY is pretty pointless and not worth worrying about but to give a sporting award to a Rashford this year is a bit silly - off the top of my head Tao Geoghegan Hart and Lewis Hamilton have both had major sporting achievements this year that are deserving of sporting accolades. Rashford has been recognised with national honours anyway, which is far more relevent.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The first stage of the Dennis system being implemented on a football club has been completed.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The guy with the fancy criss crossed socks is definitely the fancy dan primadonna of the team. Probably the top scorer too.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
*Peter Encklemen intensifies*

So what, does that count as an own goal or does the thrower get the credit? It wouldn't be a goal without the keepers touch but the flight was on target and not significantly altered :thunk:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
lmao, absolutely shocking refereeing. But whatcha gonna do

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
There's definitely an ever changing fine line between legal and illegal methods of performance enhancement that exists in every sport. It's basically completely inevitable though unless sportsmen are treated like strictly regimented prisoners with exactly equal intake because at some point eating a salad is performance enhancing if your opponent dines on fish and chips.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Man needs to have a chat with Wayne Rooney's hair guy

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Ridiculous keeper pushing his luck, striker mishitting a shot into a cross, obliging defender delivering the goods anyway. All in all, beautiful!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

trem_two posted:

I implore all of you, please watch this goal: https://streamable.com/2pja2r

I'm guessing that this one is geo-blocked, here's another angle:
https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1415492854504374273
Apart from the goal itself there's two hilarious things here - the Trinidadian defenders giving absolutely zero fucks (apart from that 1 guy) and the two Salvordoran attackers who had shots saved seemingly pissed off about the goal as they hadn't scored themselves. Amazing teamwork all round.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Imagine ordering a Fillet Steak well done. Must be like eating a lump of leather with a mouthful of half edible meat in the middle.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That should have been disallowed by the laws of the game if it went in (doesn't make the miss any less hilarious)

This is an example of that kind of goal legally scored
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y0kpT_DD6I

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It is a good photo. The best part is the concern on the other players faces, like Messi has blurted out a rhetorical question about why he was subbed and they don't know how to respond.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Did he even touch it?
Yeah, clearly.

As gently caress ups go that is pretty hilarious.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The steal is sick. Exactly what you want from your players taking on that 10% chance of keeping a ball in and turning it into a chance, a lot of players wouldn't have even tried for that. The celebrations were a bit OTT but to be fair I don't know the context of the game and how important winning that game was, after all it is Canada who are at best on par with a team like Panama so not like they don't deserve to celebrate scoring.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsGolazo/status/1460736337099644931

An absolute thunderbastard from Mark Henry Michail Antonio, who's been trying this at least once a game all season at West Ham, allegedly because an interviewer pointed out he'd never scored from outside the area in his professional career.
Great goal but that's getting saved 98% of the time by a Premier League keeper.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Haha, the pay-off for the Rio panel

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Just all the lols at this.
What's funny about it? Seems generally accurate based on my experience of living in London.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Classic Seaman getting lobbed footage there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That's about as pretty as own goals get considering the passing move the defending team put together there